Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ceiling Fan Blades

If you purchased the largest replacement (as a set) you could cut the first one to a preferred shape and use it as a template.

I'm thinking a "backbone" of L channel aluminum on the top side would support most materials - even MDF.

Once sealed, MDF should last until your next redecorating binge.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Lighting...s/N-5yc1vZbvne

Cow shed fans use metal blades not plastic.
    Bil lD

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking a "backbone" of L channel aluminum on the top side would support most materials - even MDF.
    Wouldn't that disrupt the air flow?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Haha! I'm often guilty of the same thing.

Me too! And I did it once with fan blades. Local millwork place had some door skin material in nice veneer. Thin,(About 3/32") light, good quality. And, they had a damaged piece! cheap. I cut the needed number of rectangular blanks, double sided taped them all together. Traced the shape on the stack and bandsawed/sanded to shape then drilled the attachment holes. All that was left was separate them, finish sand and apply lacquer. Didn't even need to balance.

But this was to replace some 100+year old blades that were severely damaged. Fan must have weighed over 50 lbs!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Thanks all. I’ll keep it simple here and find something else to do the hard way.
    Man after my own heart. I usually think about how to fix a problem for several days before figuring out there wasn't any problem.