Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm staying home. So I made a pumpkin pie yesterday. Will make a small ham and a turkey breast with all the trimmings today. The leftovers will last a week! I'll have a good Holiday in spite of covid!

What's on your menu? I'm an ok cook but I recall that some of you are quite accomplished.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Happy Thanksgiving to you Fred.

ours was about 6 weeks ago, no guests, very odd. Christmas will be the same...........Rod.

Happy Bird Day to all !!
    Our menu: the obligatory bird, dressing and gravy, steamed asparagus, baked pineapple, fruit salad. Apple pies for desert !
    Last edited by James Tibbetts; 11-26-2020 at 10:14 AM.
    You only need 2 tools in life. If it's supposed to move and doesn't... use WD40. If it moves and shouldn't... use duct tape.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

We're having wild turkey:

DSC_0008a.jpg

Wild Turkey.jpg
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Quote Originally Posted by James Tibbetts View Post
    Happy Bird Day to all !!
    Our menu: the obligatory bird, dressing and gravy, steamed asparagus, baked pineapple, fruit salad. Apple pies for desert !
    Dang! I'm hungry now James.

I think in honour of all my virtual American friends here, next year I'll celebrate both events.........Rod.

Blog Entries
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Despite what has been going on we have much to be thankful for.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !
    just two of us here, grilling a turkey breast on the charcoal grill and wife fixing the usual sides. Chow time is around 3:15.

We have family members teaching, first responders, law enforcement and healthcare professionals. All of us, thank God, have managed to evade Covid 19 so far. All of our family have managed to continue their employment so far. Each segment of our family will be celebrating with those living within that household.

Sharon and I have so much for which to be thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Be safe!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-26-2020 at 2:59 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Within a 20-ish mile radius is my mom, my brother and his family, my sister and her family, and my fiance and I.
    We divided up our usual menu and each made a few dishes.
    Met at Mom's this morning to exchange the food and have an outdoor, distanced quickie toast and drink, and then dispersed home to eat on a video call.
    It was odd for sure, but how fortunate we are to even do that.

I certainly have much to be thankful for including our health, our home and all the front line/essential workers keeping things running.

I ordered a single meal from a local restaurant that was excellent and enough to feed 3 or 4 easily. As good as moms and she was a great cook!

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Ours was odd as well, but this way everyone is relatively safe. I fixed the turkey, stuffing, vege casserole and gravy. My mother made baked squash and her wonderful pie. We got together Tuesday with our masks and gloves and make "To Go" boxes for all the members of our family and the local members of my husband's family. Distributed them all yesterday. Yes, I'd like to be with them, but here's to next year.

Be Safe!