Thread: Notre Dame rebuild? on NOVA tonight

Notre Dame rebuild? on NOVA tonight

Just happened to see it on the TV guide. Sorry, no more details, just a heads up.

Blog Entries
    Oh man, I've been waiting for docs on this project. Unfortunately I have not network TV at all, just streaming services, so I'l probably have to wait a little longer.

Thx Tom. Pbs at 9 cst
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Last edited by Bill Dufour; 11-26-2020 at 12:58 AM.

This is also on the PBS app on Roku. I watched it this morning.

Blog Entries
    Not available in Canada

You probably only get to see it in French.
    Bil lD

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Not available in Canada
    PBS may have an agreement with some Canadian network that only that network can show it in Canada. This happens all the time with various countries. In the USA it happens even between various areas of the country. You could try VPN software if you really want to watch it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    PBS may have an agreement with some Canadian network that only that network can show it in Canada. This happens all the time with various countries. In the USA it happens even between various areas of the country. You could try VPN software if you really want to watch it.
    It's not unusual to have a US source video not be available here. I'm sure it will filter its way here at some point in the future.

My understanding is that to be sold in Canada anything must be in French. I think the English is optional? How that works for newspapers or books I have no idea. This is why many things bought in the USA have instruction books in English, French, Spanish and maybe Portuguese. They can be shipped to any country in the new world with no need to shuffle around instruction books.

That’s not how it works in Canada.
    Most of the country speaks English, many are bilingual, and instructions are often in both languages.
    TV is split; in Quebec it’s primarily in French, with some accommodation to English speakers.
    In the rest of the country it’s mostly in English with some accommodation to French speakers.
    Just to compound the confusion, there’s also a robust channel selection for native, First Nation residents that are more culturally attuned to that diverse need, but again, using either French or English as a medium.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    It's not unusual to have a US source video not be available here. I'm sure it will filter its way here at some point in the future.
    I've watched a number of British TV shows on Youtube of all places. The chances of them getting to the USA on cable TV is pretty much nil although Science Channel is showing a early seasons of a British TV show right now. They probably need content due to COVID shutdowns.