Thread: MiniMax S600p Conversion to Ceramic Guides

MiniMax S600p Conversion to Ceramic Guides

I'm wondering if anybody has converted a MM S600p to ceramic guides and can give me advice on the conversion. I bought it with Carter guides and have never loved them. I tried checking with Space Age Ceramics and they weren't able to help me out. It looks like if my saw had come with Euro guides it would have been an easy swap with Space Age ceramics but not with the Carter guide in place. Any guidance would be appreciated. Maybe I'll see if ebay has some old Euro guides?
    Thanks,
    Dave Davies

i converted a Delta 28-640 clone of the Meber / MiniMax 500 to the Laguna ceramic guides. it was a direct replacement. The 600 is probably similar. Actually I don't use them with my new/used Felder 540. PM me if you want to figure something out.

John H

I changed from the old, stock Centauro guides on my 600, to the Carter guides, so it might not apply. I had to do some metal fabrication to the bandsaw framefor the larger lower guide, and also had to cut the shaft for the thrust bearing some shorter.

I only will ever keep a Lenox 1" Woodmaster Ct on that saw, so don't need to worry about fiddling with guides much. They won't ever get adjusted.

I took the table, and guides off to make one really wide resaw once, and it did just fine with no guides at all, on the top.