Thread: Dewalt 734 Issue

Dewalt 734 Issue

I just rotated the blades on my DW734 and I'm getting a finish that I didn't have before rotating the the blades. The thin line on the board (beech) is like a very small ridge the other looks like a tire mark. There's another one on top of it. Any ideas of what may be causing it and what can I do do remedy it.

Any suggestions is welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

Board.jpg

If I had to guess, I'd say there might be a couple of different problems.
    1. something on the roller. This is my least likely hypothesis.
    2. A burr on one of the planer blades, that is causing the blemish.
    3. A collection of foreign matter in between the planer blades and the bracket piece that you screw down on top to secure the blade.

Number 3 seems most likely. I just rotated mine in September (I have a 734 also). And it took some scrubbing to get everything to seat together in a way that made me believe it was supposed to be that way. I know I plane cutting boards and a lot of the foreign matter was a combination of glue and sawdust and probably sap.

Thanks Todd. I went back and rotated them back as they were, wiped off the rollers, and the problem was fixed. But, I will take a close look at the blade edges for burrs and see if there's junk/gunk anywhere around the cutter head and brackets.

My pleasure Orlando. Take care.