Thread: Under Lathe Storage

Under Lathe Storage

I borrowed some ideas I had seen here and elsewhere. Trying to get my garage/shop organized but I have too many things I like to do.

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

Looks good. I did similar. Maybe not quite as tall as yours, but similar protrusion out the front. While I can stand really close to the lathe, my knees do hit the drawers a bit. At some point I'm going to push it back so my knees don't hit it. Might not be an issue for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by tom lucas View Post
    Looks good. I did similar. Maybe not quite as tall as yours, but similar protrusion out the front. While I can stand really close to the lathe, my knees do hit the drawers a bit. At some point I'm going to push it back so my knees don't hit it. Might not be an issue for you though.
    Yeah - that was my concern too but I left it in position for some time before I fastened it down. I do have the space to move it back if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    Yeah - that was my concern too but I left it in position for some time before I fastened it down. I do have the space to move it back if needed.
    Nice job and looks useful. I store wood shavings under my lathe:

lathe_PM_tub.jpg

I suspect you will want to move it back. At one point I had a small cabinet on wheels under one of my lathes and it cramped my leg and foot movement.

JKJ