Thread: Thinking of adding a gantry CO2

Thinking of adding a gantry CO2

The wife and I are talking about adding a gantry style CO2 to compliment the 50 watt JPT fiber we have. we already have ventilation for the fiber so that's not a worry. I have a rough quote from Debin.tech on a 35x25" working area 90-102watt with chiller and rotary for 4.9K shipped with duties. $200 less for a smaller area and +$200 for autofocus. They are using Rdworks SW

I looked at Boss (LS-146 with the increased working size) and FSL (we are not in the Trotec or Epilog Price Range).

What brands/models do you recommend looking at?

We would be looking for:

• 45 watt?
    • autofocus would be nice
    • working area: 20x12 should do it, not going to complain if its a bit bigger
    • pass though would be appreciated
    • mark leather
    • mark wood
    • pictures on leather and wood (quality would need to be good)
    • marking cardboard
    • cutting thin cardboard/cardstock (we have a cutter - this might be faster though)
    • jigs to hold things on the fiber (doing 100 tags with no multi-piece Jig takes a while...)
    • cut about 1/4" thick - mostly wood, acrylic
    • rotary for mugs (fiber rotary drives be crazy leaving lines at the split mark)

thanks!
    Last edited by pascal young; 11-23-2020 at 8:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pascal young View Post
    The wife and I are talking about adding a gantry style CO2 to compliment the 50 watt JPT fiber we have. we already have ventilation for the fiber so that's not a worry. I have a rough quote from Debin.tech on a 35x25" working area 90-102watt with chiller and rotary for 4.9K shipped with duties. $200 less for a smaller area and +$200 for autofocus. They are using Rdworks SW

I looked at Boss (LS-146 with the increased working size) and FSL (we are not in the Trotec or Epilog Price Range).

What brands/models do you recommend looking at?

We would be looking for:

• 45 watt?
    • autofocus would be nice
    • working area: 20x12 should do it, not going to complain if its a bit bigger
    • pass though would be appreciated
    • mark leather
    • mark wood
    • pictures on leather and wood (quality would need to be good)
    • marking cardboard
    • cutting thin cardboard/cardstock (we have a cutter - this might be faster though)
    • jigs to hold things on the fiber (doing 100 tags with no multi-piece Jig takes a while...)
    • cut about 1/4" thick - mostly wood, acrylic
    • rotary for mugs (fiber rotary drives be crazy leaving lines at the split mark)

thanks!

I have a BOSS machine. I'm not overly impressed with the build quality on them. I did purchase it second hand, but it was new in the crate. As a result, BOSS won't even talk to me about anything without a credit card, so I have no input on their supposed world class technical support.

I know a couple of people that I trust that have purchased machines from Thunder Laser and are very happy with them. I've also heard good things about Aeon and Rabbit Laser, but have no first hand knowledge myself.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Utick View Post
    I have a BOSS machine. I'm not overly impressed with the build quality on them. I did purchase it second hand, but it was new in the crate. As a result, BOSS won't even talk to me about anything without a credit card, so I have no input on their supposed world class technical support.

I know a couple of people that I trust that have purchased machines from Thunder Laser and are very happy with them. I've also heard good things about Aeon and Rabbit Laser, but have no first hand knowledge myself.
    thank you, this is exactly the type of feedback I was hoping for. much appreciate it!