Thread: Powercap and hearing protect CANS

Powercap and hearing protect CANS

Hey Powercap owners. Do you know if CAN-type hearing protection will fit over the Powercap? I have a pair of 3M workforce bluetooth hearing protection headphones. I'm considering buying the powercap but want to know about hear protection compatibility. thanks for the help.

OK. I guess not many own one. So, I answer my own question: Yes they do. My xmas gift to myself. I think I'm going to love it. Incredibly light weight. I will say the fan is louder with the headphones on, but not very loud by any account.

IMG-2033_2.jpg
    Last edited by tom lucas; 12-11-2020 at 2:41 PM.

Looks good Tom - does the powercap actively blow air over your eyes? I have been wanting a better respirator/face shield but have dry eyes and worry that in a closed system it will aggravate it.

Also, could you wear eyeglasses with it or would that ruin the seal around the ears?
    Thanks,
    Tom

I didn't notice any air in my eyes. You feel it more around your face as it exits: soft cool breeze that comes out of holes in the bottom of the mask. Yes you can wear glasses. The seal doesn't have to be great because of the positive pressure that pushes out all the time. So nothing can really get in even if more open than it is. The seal around your face is very soft and comfortable. I don't think there is a better choice for woodworkers. Wearing a mask all the time on my nose makes it break out sometimes in pimples. I think I'm slight allergic to the foam nose bridges in conventional masks. This is way better. I can easily wear this all day long all over the shop. Comes on/off easy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson80 View Post
    Looks good Tom - does the powercap actively blow air over your eyes? I have been wanting a better respirator/face shield but have dry eyes and worry that in a closed system it will aggravate it.

Also, could you wear eyeglasses with it or would that ruin the seal around the ears?
    Thanks,
    Tom