It is time to beat the dust and upgrade from my 1hp roll-around DC with 30 micron bags to something a bit more powerful and one that is all pipe in. Moving the 6"DC has always slowed me down and I it takes away from the fun, and of course health reasons.

So - My current setup consists of:

-6" Jointer - 4 inch port
-Miter Saw with dust scoop behind it with a 4" port
-Drill Press that has a 2 1/2 inch shapeable flex hose (I just connect to my shop vac as of now)
-contractor table saw. I covered the back by the motor as best I could and put in a 4" dust port on the bottom
-bench top 12 1/2 inch planer with 4" port
-router table with the bottom boxed out with 4" port with a 4x4x2.5 wye and 2.5 connected to the back of the fence
-14" bandsaw with a pair of 4" ports currently connected with a 4x4x4 wye to the DC (very inefficient)

-Small tools like hand sanders I connect to my shop vac with hepa filter - and of course clogs fast

--- I only use 1 tool at time and will have blast gates and each drop.

Future hopeful upgrades
- table saw upgrade to 3hp saw stop cabinet saw
- the larger dewalt 13" planner and upgrade to helical blades

Shop space is about 25x20, and I plan to put the dust collector against the wall in the center of one wall and run a main truck down the middle of the room and branch off from there.

So - from a budget standpoint, the Grizzly 3hp delivered is a few hundred cheaper than the 2hp Laguna. I know a 3hp Oneida V system 3000 would be great but it's out a bit out of my price range.

Any thoughts on 3hp or would 2hp be enough and Grizzly ($1440 delivered) vs Laguna ($1638 delivered) I am also open to suggestions in the same price range.

Thanks

Justin