Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust

Thank you for the response. I've used 2 Ellipse n95's, Gators which are the most comfortable and others. Also tight fitting goggles and face masks in various configurations. Believe me I didn't make this decision on a whim. It's confounding. I'm just done with bright red eyes and a stuffy nose. Maybe CNC Routing isn't in the cards either. Golf is looking better and better. I could sharpen up my profanity skills.

This style breathing apparatus is about as comfortable as it gets..... and many more are on the market...... You have to break a few eggs to make a cake...... Woodworking a great hobby, business but as other have said some woods are especially irritating to allergy pron-people.

https://www.turbineproducts.com/brea...-w-tyvek-hood/

Thx for the suggestions. I've considered PAOR's but all the ones I've seen cost about 1200-2000. This one a 419 seems like a steal. Have you or do you know anyone has used one?

Vic, I couldn't find the ones that we have as I'm not at the shop for a name brand..... the one's we have use our compressed air and use a filter to clean it up. To my memory they were approximately the same cost per setup. We have really enjoyed the full face cover as it is easy to put on and take off and ours also have cool air connection which is very nice during the hot summer...... I'll see if I can find a name brand on what we have when I'm around our shop....

kw

You can 'open up' the design of the supplied air helmets and rearrange for the relatively stationary work you do. You don't need a hard hat, so get rid of that. Mount the battery pack on the lathe or the wall nearby. Then all you have to do is wear a lightweight visor and hose, and on/off switch. Make sure the make up air coming into your system is clean. You can bring in clean air from several feet away if you like.

While this is not a professions for you (?), you might still consider spending $2,000 against your health, safety and comfort. If you work at turning 40 hrs a week, the cost is only a dollar an hour. Then you own it.

People regularly spend over $2K on the add for upgrade stereo in a car and end up listening to Golden Oldies....
    Last edited by David Sochar; 11-27-2020 at 11:33 AM.
    I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

I use an oneida dust collector and a large vac especially when i record my cuts
    BUT when you dress your slave table then its bad, mdf dust is like brown flour and is not good for your health
    Dust is just a part of woodworking