Thread: Exhausting DC Outside

Exhausting DC Outside

Poked around for a minute, but not very versed in ducting/hvac material so keep hitting dead ends or finding the incorrect info.

I am currently ducting my new 3hp cyclone. It has an 8 in exhaust port that I plan to run outside through the garage wall right behind where the collector hangs.

I am using PVC on the intake side of my DC. But exhaust side I could do metal or pvc, doesn't matter. Upon exiting the house the plan is to cut a 45 degree miter on the pipe coming straight out maybe a foot or so from the wall. Nice and simple.

Now the issue; what in the world do I need to couple the outside and inside ducts? I was thinking one of the "flanges/collars" like used for dryer ducting... But its either too small or has a hood or grill built into it etc., all of which I don't need.

In my mind the ideal thing I would want is a SQUARE piece that mounts to one side of the plywood sheathing, giving an 8 inch collar on either side to attach ducting to. The square mounting would just make fitting it outside through the vinyl paneling easier and make for more tolerance in the hole size etc... But a circle flange would be workable too. Am I just looking in the wrong place, does this piece have a specific name, etc.?

I guess I could just run a straight piece of pipe through the wall and close up and insulate the gap between the pipe and the hole? But seems a little bit half-assed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bonus points if anyone can also point me in the direction of some recommended electronic dampers or gates that I can connect to the DC power line to auto open the exhaust vent when in use and have it closed when its off.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Aprilair...BoCKEoQAvD_BwE

hook a 24vac transformer to the load side of the motor starter, run low voltage wire to damper
    Ron