Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Rewiring a Delta HD Shaper

I'd be very surprised if the capacitors weren't mounted at 12 o'clock on top of the motor. Can you flip the shaper upside down? It will give you a better chance of getting to the motor.

Do you have the capacitors wired series or parallel? It's possible that the motor is capacitor start capacitor run.

I don't know if a motor shop would be much help, around here anyway. They would tell me to buy another motor.
    It seems as though the windings are fine. Windings short open or short to ground. If your motor runs in one direction it should run in the other. Put the capacitors in series with T8 instead T5.

Could you post pictures of the motor nameplate and the 12 o'clock view of the motor. Again, I would be really surprised if the capacitors didn't start out piggybacked at 12 o'clock. (I don't think the motor will fit in the cabinet with the capacitors in the way)

You're probably right about the capacitors, although I can't feel anything resembling a cover plate or a bolt hole on the surface of the motor. The shaper is tied/bolted to my cabinet saw by its fence rails, so it's a pretty big ordeal flip the cabinet or get photos. I can pull the motor out the side of the cabinet though and will take pictures, just haven't had the chance yet. The capacitors are wired in parallel with a resistor across the terminals at the end of the chain.