Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How's Covid affecting your life lately?

Ron, I hope your healing continues and any lingering effects are very short term!

And you are correct...even with the best precautions, one can still get it. But those precautions are still critical to both prevent spread aind hopefully also help reduce the effect if one does get exposed. Initial virus load does seem to matter relative to severity in some patients.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Here's thoughts and prayers for your continued rapid improvement Ron!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thank you Ron for your update. Tough news. Your story really helps me want to keep playing it safe.
    I hope you heal fast.

On a brighter note-- For the first time in 12 days I got to hug my wife yesterday She had 2 more days in quarantine but the CDC shortened it.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

No big impact, except I'm getting tired of my hermit life and teleworking. On the good side, credit card bills are about a third of what they used to be before Covid.

My wife came down with Covid a couple of days before Thanksgiving. She had a sinus infection at the time so she thought that was all that was wrong. She saw her doctor and even her doctor told her she likely did not have Covid, but her daughter insisted that she get tested and she was positive. I, having cold symptoms that started a day after hers, got tested as well, and came back positive.

We always wear masks when we are in public and I try to limit my shopping and such to essential trips only. In the 10 days I was quarantined (my medical provider recommended 10 days of quarantine from the first day I started showing symptoms) the only place I went was the testing center. I was tired all the time. It was common for us to go to bed by 11 and sleep 10-12 hours. My symptoms, in addition to fatigue, were like a mild cold, with a bit of congestion and a very sporadic cough (flared up for a few minutes every day or so). I had no real breathing issues (my provider examined me during the test and looked for respiratory problems) but I avoided anything that could be a trigger, so no woodworking (sawdust) or cooking fumes for me. Today is my first day back at work after being symptom-free for 24 hours, as recommended.

My wife is now symptom-free but has to wait until next Monday before she can go back to work. She can visit her mother now, though she is wearing a mask because her mother has COPD and other issues that make her a high-risk if infected with Covid. It's tough because my wife is her mother's primary caregiver (she gets paid to take care of her) and not being able to do that was rough on both of them. We made it through, though.

We were both fortunate that our symptoms were pretty mild. I count our blessings that it wasn't worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Meyer View Post
    My wife came down with Covid a couple of days before Thanksgiving. She had a sinus infection at the time so she thought that was all that was wrong. She saw her doctor and even her doctor told her she likely did not have Covid, but her daughter insisted that she get tested and she was positive. I, having cold symptoms that started a day after hers, got tested as well, and came back positive.

We always wear masks when we are in public and I try to limit my shopping and such to essential trips only. In the 10 days I was quarantined (my medical provider recommended 10 days of quarantine from the first day I started showing symptoms) the only place I went was the testing center. I was tired all the time. It was common for us to go to bed by 11 and sleep 10-12 hours. My symptoms, in addition to fatigue, were like a mild cold, with a bit of congestion and a very sporadic cough (flared up for a few minutes every day or so). I had no real breathing issues (my provider examined me during the test and looked for respiratory problems) but I avoided anything that could be a trigger, so no woodworking (sawdust) or cooking fumes for me. Today is my first day back at work after being symptom-free for 24 hours, as recommended.

My wife is now symptom-free but has to wait until next Monday before she can go back to work. She can visit her mother now, though she is wearing a mask because her mother has COPD and other issues that make her a high-risk if infected with Covid. It's tough because my wife is her mother's primary caregiver (she gets paid to take care of her) and not being able to do that was rough on both of them. We made it through, though.

We were both fortunate that our symptoms were pretty mild. I count our blessings that it wasn't worse.
    Derek I'm glad your symptoms were minor. My experience hasn't been so pleasant unfortunately. I'm home now but on low level oxygen. They say it might be weeks before my lungs are back to "normal". The question is what's the new normal going to be? I don't know if I should have sought medical attention sooner. There is no script for this. I beg people to use masks and social distance. Even when you are being careful you obviously can be exposed.

Blog Entries
    Well, I heard a report today saying that a Covid after effect may be erectile dysfunction. Cause by the havoc it cause to the vascular system. Here's hoping that doesn't happen to you people that have gotten sick from it.