Thread: Remote Start For Older Festool Vac?

Remote Start For Older Festool Vac?

I have a CT22 and 33 and want to be able to remote start the vac, so I don't have to keep going back to the machine to start it. Is there a remote start I can use? The new Festool vacs have a bluetooth starter available, but they don't work on the older vacs.

You can use any remote switch that has the amperage capacity to support the vac...but, for example, my CT22 is equipped with a 20 amp plug, so there is an expectation that whatever you plug it into is rated for a 20 amp load. The CT33 uses the same motor, AFAIK, so that would also be the case for that unit with the larger bag. The 20 amp thing probably rules out any of the cheaper remote solutions. Alternatively, you could get "fancy" and roll your own with a contactor that's properly rated which you control with an inexpensive remote switch including wireless. This is the approach that many folks have used to remotely control their larger dust collection systems.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

This works well with my Ridgid vac.
    Prime Wire & Cable TNRC21 1 PK 2-Outlet Wall Tap with Remote (on Amazon)

I use the iVac remote on mine. It works well. See ivacswitch.com. I also use their system on my dust collector.

no affiliation, just a customer.

Derek,

I have Seneca's Maxsys on my CT26 and love it!. Been using it for several years. They also made a custom 220v remote plug in for my Jet 1 1/2hp dust collector that uses the same remote as my CT (A&B buttons). The CT remote allows me to leave the vac set at auto. The remote overrides the auto and turns on the vac. Hook a tool up to vac and pull the trigger and the CT comes on. Never have to change the setting on the vac. Here is the web page:

https://www.senecawoodworking.com/pr...nt=27502106569

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    I have a CT22 and 33 and want to be able to remote start the vac, so I don't have to keep going back to the machine to start it. Is there a remote start I can use? The new Festool vacs have a bluetooth starter available, but they don't work on the older vacs.

This time of year there are many holiday light controllers for sale. Look for a remote you like then use it to control a contactor to handle the power.
    Bil lD