Thread: Black Friday Sales Starting Early

Blog Entries

Black Friday Sales Starting Early

Must be due to people avoiding shopping if possible.

Three sites visited today had prices reduced, bonuses or were offering free shipping.

Every couple of years my pants need replacing. Usually after a couple of years they get spotted or stained. The new pants are saved separate for going in to town. My favorites are Dickies Painter's pants. Black Friday sale gave 20% off and free shipping.

Le Creuset cookware is a bit more expensive. Some sites selling this cookware are offering various discounts and the company site has a bonus code on purchases over a set amount and the will add gift items with a code available on their site.

Surely it wasn't just my luck on these two sites. My recollection is of ads on TV for brick & mortar vendors with 'Black Friday' sales. Can't be sure since the fast forward is used often on such things.

Anyone else seeing offers too good to refuse?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

There are already many retailers offering a much longer "black Friday" type sales events this year because they know that a much larger percentage of their sales are going to come from online buyers due to the pandemic. They are also hoping for folks who have not been spending money on commuting, travel and other activities because they are staying home will push some of that money into increased "holiday" spending, especially with pricing incentives. Many retailers are not opening physical stores on US Thanksgiving day this year, too, so additional time for alternative shopping ensues.

On the other hand, I got an email today from Duluth Trading with whom I have bought a large percentage of my clothing, all online and always when I get get a sale price, etc. The email offered 30% off with no limits which was great to see. Unfortunately, that offer only applies if I drive to their King of Prussia store and shop in-store...something I'm not about to do in any way, shape or form at the current time. Let's just say I expressed myself in a reply. I actually need a few things so that coupon would have been very helpful in making me a buyer "now" rather than later.

BTW, if you like LeCreuset, Zwilling starts their "Black Friday" sale tomorrow and their Staub enameled cast iron is every bit as good as LeCreuset, IMHO. All mine has been bought on sale as well as with "minor cosmetic blemishes" and I saved a ton of money acquiring it that way.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I do like my one pair of Duluth Trading pants, but I also like my $20 Dickies I buy at Menards. 4 Dickies = 1 Duluth.

Any track saw deals out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I do like my one pair of Duluth Trading pants, but I also like my $20 Dickies I buy at Menards. 4 Dickies = 1 Duluth.
    When I was still working, all my pants (DuluthFlex everything) were from DT...and I still use some of them for "good occasions". I buy my grey and black jeans I use daily from Costco now because I don't feel guilty about getting them messed up. But I'll never give up the longtail shirts and the BuckNaked unders! Best. Stuff. Ever. And last forever, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...