Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Direction of outfeed table

Blog Entries
    Thanks Andrew, since I will be making the top a ala the MFT3 table with 20mm holes, I cant go with the double sheets on top, and the interior web will be a Paulk style system. I have a SawStop Cabinet Saw and with he dust collection configuration I will need about 12" of overhang, so thinking the overhang will need to come from the end, so I may have just answered my question about direction of table. When you say sleepers on casters, what are you referring to? Also Andrew, I see 3x7 top, what are the base dimenisons?
    Last edited by tim walker; 11-24-2020 at 12:36 PM.
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

This is what the sides look like. The reason for the extra length on the sleeper/board that the casters are attached to is to compensate for the top overhanging the back of the cabinet by 12 inches.

The cabinet base is 2' x 6' The right side overhangs by about 12" and the back overhangs by about 12" also. The 2' depth of the cabinet wasn't derived from some great engineering design analysis, it was 100% based on the wood I had available and that I was too poor at the time to buy more. In retrospect, I probably should have made the cabinet closer to 30" deep to allow better storage of large plans (top center drawer) and 24" rules (not stored in the top right drawer because it is too short). The caster footprint is 6' wide by a couple inches under 3'

IMG_8062.jpg

Blog Entries
    Andrew, what type of hinges did you use for you folding extension at the back of the saw?
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

I used just regular 2 1/2" door hinges. The bridge is set about 1/8" lower than the end of the saw so that there is no way boards can catch on it, and it sits on screws on a ledge on the outfeed table so the height can be set about 1/8" higher than the table, so nothing can catch there either.

IMG_8065.jpgIMG_8066.jpg