Thread: Laguna Bandsaw problem

Laguna Bandsaw problem

When I tighten the set screw that holds the blade's protective cover at the right height over the table, the act of tightening the screw rotates the angle of the blade. It is still 90 degrees to the table but pointing a few degrees rotated. Anyone else have that problem? What do you do about it?
    Last edited by Alan Kalker; 11-18-2020 at 8:49 PM.

Model and photos might be helpful.

Hi Alan, it's only a problem if it's out of alignment with the bottom guides when tightened.

If when tightened the blade is in alignment with the guides and wheels and table mitre slot, it's fine.

What the alignment looks like in the non operating condition isn't important.

In a well machined saw it wouldn't really change however that's a lot to ask for many saws on the market.........Rod.

I contacted Laguna support and got an answer the following morning with follow-up questions asked and answered very quickly via email. It was a problem when the guides were tightened and worse, it depended on how high the guides were relative to the table how out of alignment it was.

The answer is that there are some set screws in the back. You have to loosen some surrounding bolts and then mess with the set screws top and bottom to get the guide back in alignment. That takes care of the front to back alignment. Side to side alignment is adjusted by some pretty hidden set screws that are not readily accessible found inside the guide column. Once these were set the problem was resolved. I have read a lot of uncomplimentary things about the Laguna support but have not had need to use them until now. Maybe they heard the complaints and have gotten their act together. Anyway, my experience was excellent.

Support via email /text/etc can be good because it gives each side time to do a bit of research and thinking.