Thread: Compressor vibration

Compressor vibration

This compressor is not much but it is all I need. It runs about 8 hours / year, mostly to blow out sprinklers. But there is a lot of vibration, enough that it shook one of the gauges till it leaked. Also it's noisy. Any suggestions to isolate the compressor from the tank?

Compressor 2.jpg Compressor 1.jpg

Mine vibrates and moves across the floor so I put a towel under the opposite end of the wheels.

I'd try to find the reason for vibration long before I tried to just isolate the pump from the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    This compressor is not much but it is all I need. It runs about 8 hours / year, mostly to blow out sprinklers. But there is a lot of vibration, enough that it shook one of the gauges till it leaked. Also it's noisy. Any suggestions to isolate the compressor from the tank?

Compressor 2.jpg Compressor 1.jpg
    That’s an oil-less, right? I thought they were all like that. Is there smoke coming out of it? If not, just wait til it explodes, then buy a new one.

Kobalt actually sells a decent one that is super quiet, I paid $12 for it with a coupon, good for the nailers and such, and I can use a blow gun with it too.

Maybe some isolation mounts like these? Inexpensive to experiment with.

grainger.com/product/2NPA1?gclid=Cj0KCQiAqdP9BRDVARIsAGSZ8AnJPLG-Lcnbs2xGQmvBjNE3ufjBEDrHZgIjOxRMg-8FEfywEE8BrKoaAhjSEALw_wcB&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA& ef_id=Cj0KCQiAqdP9BRDVARIsAGSZ8AnJPLG-Lcnbs2xGQmvBjNE3ufjBEDrHZgIjOxRMg-8FEfywEE8BrKoaAhjSEALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!2 64955915886!!!g!439969404475!&gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GG L:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231

I have a Cambell-Hausfeld that made an awful racket when it ran. It turned out the screws that held the plastic shielding in place were loose. Tightening those helped with the sound, it still vibrates. I sort of figured the vibration is a result of being pretty lightly built and not a lot of engineering effort devoted to balancing components.