Thread: What are these ??

What are these ??

IMG_0032.jpgIMG_0033.jpgIMG_0034.jpg

Yard sale find. Nicely made long handled carving knives. I rubbed chalk in the logo engraving in the middle pic to see if anyone can identify. thanks, JCB

No isea, but you have me curious to see if someone knows

I think they look more like something used for plaster. Not flat, modeling

Wow--1170 views in two months, two replies and we are still looking for an answer. The blade edges are sharp so definitely for carving something -needing leverage for the long hands or from a distance. Could be for giant oysters. Thanks for your replies.

Kolrosing knives. Google it.

Too big for kolrosing I think. Your location gives a good clue, I've seen similar "hook" knives used for carving totems and described on one site as Pacific Northwest style hook knives. I never know when links are allowed, but this video shows a carver using a similar knife to carve a totem pole. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRLW8hOW8Rw. The knife work starts around 5:45
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood

Thanks for the link. The blades he was using were similar with the flat bottom and double bevels on top and varied angles and profiles. The logo/stamp I tried to highlight didn't bring up any web info. I was thinking totem carving was a logical choice but couldn't find any info. I will ask an old timer carver I know get his opinion. Thanks.