Thread: dewalt dws780 likes to bind up in the wood?

dewalt dws780 likes to bind up in the wood?

I've had an issue with a miter saw wanting to kick until I bought this saw. I want to say it's just the wood releasing whatever tension it has in it. Say if it has a slight bow to it or maybe a slight twist in the board i'll get 90 percent of the way through the cut and the blade will jam up causing the whole saw to kick out of the cut. Anyone else have this problems? Or is this due to not paying attention?

Might be adjustment or technique

Technique. Release the trigger when the saw finishes the cut in the down position. I've had kickback on the upstroke. Of course, hold the wood tightly against the fence.

Adjustment. Have you checked cuts with a piece of nice 3/4" plywood for square? Both directions?
    Regards,

Tom

I'd suggest a different blade. If you are just breaking down stock to start working it down, use a blade with fewer teeth and more set. For finish work put the high tooth count blade back on. Another technique is to set the depth stock to only cut half way through, then flip it out of the way and complete the cut.

I get that same reaction when breaking up lengths of wide thick boards. This is the reason I have a regular old cross cut handsaw. If it binds badly handsawing I pat myself on the back for not trying my miter saw.
    There is a technique I do use on my Bosch Glide. One long cut across the whole board not too deep over and over till I get down far enough.
    The sound the blade makes in the last bit of almost blinding cut is awful.
    Good Luck
    Aj