Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bandsaw Blades

Connecticut Tool and Saw also sharpens (and sells) the Woodmaster CT, and other Lennox blades.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    I am on my second Woodmaster CT. The first one I managed to sharpen 5 times (doing the sharpening myself).

Regards from Perth

Derek
    Derek, did you sharpen the face of the tooth, the top, or both? And how? A diamond stone in a Dremel? Thanks.

John

I have two 1.25" Laguna Resaw King blades for my 18 BX. They are definitely not what I would consider glue-up ready, but that isn't my expectation for any bandsaw work. I consider them to be fantastic blades. I liked the first one enough that I bought the second to keep on hand for when I sent the first one out for sharpening or if I did something to destroy the blade. Laguna actually has a 20% off on blades starting on november 23rd at woodcraft and rockler, I believe, and I am really tempted to buy a third. haha.

One thing I really like about the Resaw King is that the backing is quite thin, .024, which means that it is relatively easy to tension on modern steel framed saws. I haven't had any issues with barrel cuts, even when I was resawing 15.5" of red oak.

I've only had to send out the first blade to resharpen once, and I had my second blade replaced since it had a bad weld (oscillated forward and backward, but only realized it after using it for months). I believe you are supposed to be able to get it resharpened about 4 times before there isn't enough carbide left.

Derek - could you describe how you resharpen your carbide blades? I've thought about trying to build a jig, but I didn't think that I would be able to do as good as a job as laguna, and I just send it back to them to get them resharpened.

I use just regular carbon blades .025 and grind the set

jack
    English machines

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Derek, did you sharpen the face of the tooth, the top, or both? And how? A diamond stone in a Dremel? Thanks.

John
    John, I used a Dremel with a diamond disk to grind a small flat at the back of the tooth ...

I have recently made a fixture to hold the Dremel at an angle. This works better than freehanding, as I was doing. (I cannot find a photo of it at this moment).

Regards from Perth

Derek

I would like to see that fixture you made for the Dremel, Derek. Thanks.

I have posted it to its own thread.

Regards from Perth

Derek