Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly G0817

Do yourself a favor and get new blades for it (unless it comes with spare blades). The blade that came with the saw new is really not a very good blade. It works well to set up the saw but that's about it. The blade that came with my 19" Grizzly is just collecting dust. I didn't want to invest in a carbide tooth blade when I first bought the saw so I got two Lenox blades. A 3 TPI 1/2" Diemaster 2 blade for cutting curved turning blanks and a 1" 1.3 TPI Woodmaster B blade. That was about 2 years ago and both have seen heavy use. So far they have both remained sharp. Much better than the carbon steel blades I was using on my old 14" bandsaw.

I've had the 531B for several years and it is a great saw. I keep a Lenox Woodmaster CT on it for resawing 99% of the time and 14 1/4" capacity is plenty for me. I upgraded the guide bearings to a better sealed type when the first set clogged after a couple of years but no other issues at all. Congrats on a good score.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get new blades for it (unless it comes with spare blades). The blade that came with the saw new is really not a very good blade. It works well to set up the saw but that's about it. The blade that came with my 19" Grizzly is just collecting dust. I didn't want to invest in a carbide tooth blade when I first bought the saw so I got two Lenox blades. A 3 TPI 1/2" Diemaster 2 blade for cutting curved turning blanks and a 1" 1.3 TPI Woodmaster B blade. That was about 2 years ago and both have seen heavy use. So far they have both remained sharp. Much better than the carbon steel blades I was using on my old 14" bandsaw.
    I think I’m going to order a 1” 1.3 TPI Woodmaster B for now. Im going to keep the 14” saw so I won’t be doing much blade changing. Once I wear out the B I’ll probably replace it with a CT.

Quote Originally Posted by John C Bush View Post
    I've had the 531B for several years and it is a great saw. I keep a Lenox Woodmaster CT on it for resawing 99% of the time and 14 1/4" capacity is plenty for me. I upgraded the guide bearings to a better sealed type when the first set clogged after a couple of years but no other issues at all. Congrats on a good score.
    Thank you. I got the saw home yesterday and it’s sitting on my trailer in the shop. I ordered a mobile base that should be here today. The plan is to lift it off the trailer with a chain hoist, pull the trailer out of the way and drop it right onto the mobile base. I’m really happy with it, looks to be a well made machine and like new.