Thread: Shaker Oval Box Forum? Discussion Page?

Shaker Oval Box Forum? Discussion Page?

I'm just now getting into Shaker oval box making and I'm wondering if there is a forum or FB page or anything like that?

Contact John Wilson in Michigan. He can tell you everything you need to know about shaker boxes. I made several hundred of them many years ago but got burned out on them. I did enjoy making them though

John Wilson is the man.... If can't help no one can.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

John Wilson’s Website: http://www.shakerovalbox.com/
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Yes, I have spoken with John a couple of times and he's a great man. That said, it would just be nice to have some discussion around making these things. Tips and tricks and different techniques that others have learned, from making the various veneers required, types of wood used, bending techniques, etc.

Who knows what will get scheduled, but if there is any way you can travel to southern Michigan, you would find his class(es) very helpful and learn to immediately climb the learning curve.

Ya. Wish I could. I’d love to see how he does things and be able to ask questions.

Visited the website linked and wow what creativity. Amazing the things that he's done with wood.