Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fiber laser safety question

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    https://lasersafetyindustries.com/ya...m-laser-window

To completely enclose all four sides and top could run you upwards of $3000.
    You could build a solid box on three sides and top and just have the front door on a hinge for less.
    Or just buy a FO that already comes with a full enclosure with door safety switches prewired.
    Dang, that stuff's expensive, but totally worth it in the long run. I'm not sure about the OP but I know I'd feel safe building my own enclosure, but there's a wide difference between a closed shop and one with customers. My workplace, for example, builds dangerous machines like that fairly regularly so safety wiring/door switches/etc are a "normal" thing for us, but a pre-done enclosure would be the way to go for anyone who's not already proficient with this kind of thing.

I wonder if anyone carries cheaper versions of that material. You can get a 2'x2' square of 250-520nm shielding for $80. Then again, a $300 window isn't going to break the bank for this application

Blog Entries
    Well, while it's not the greatest, this cost me next to nothing. Scrap aluminum, left over rowmark, and some engraving time on my CO2 and a handful of pop rivets.
    You could make with some simple strip hinges and it would fold flat. (maybe a bit more filmsy...)
    20201203_111456.jpg20201203_111505.jpg20201203_111430.jpg
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others