Thread: We have some good people on this forum.

We have some good people on this forum.

I'm pretty big on internet forums and belong to quite a few of them, although I don't frequent them as often as I used to. Anyways, just wanted to shout out to everyone on here and show my appreciation to all the nice helpful folks who frequent this site. Believe me, the folks on this site are way nicer and well mannered than on the other sites I frequent. lol

Happy Holidays everyone and stay safe.

I agree the people are great!
    Having good Moderation helps too.
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 11-13-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I agree, one of a kind site.
    If you ever need some Hvac information or just some entertainment go to some of the Hvac sites and see the difference, it’s a shocker.

Yes, we do have some great people here............Rod.

Blog Entries
    I belong to several forums & the 3 wood working ones are definitely the most civil of the bunch. Probably the worst is a certain RV forum.

I think The requirement of having to use your real name helps temper responses.

John

John TenEyck: you are on to it!

I guess some don't read the sharpening threads. I didn't even notice that it was a requirement to use real names. I have always used my real name on forums, even on ones where most don't.

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    I think The requirement of having to use your real name helps temper responses.
    I think you are right about that. Besides the observation that creative people who make things are generally great people!

For years I moderated and provided tech support on a 3D graphics & animation forum for Autodesk/Discreet/Kinetix and there we also required real names - and rules very similar to some on this forum. That too was an extremely pleasant and civil community and just like here on SMC I met some incredible, creative, and helpful people!

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce King View Post
    I agree, one of a kind site.
    If you ever need some Hvac information or just some entertainment go to some of the Hvac sites and see the difference, it’s a shocker.

Remember the HVAC forums are there for the professionals to share their hard earned knowledge, not to give it away for free. Search and cherry pick the given answers you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    I belong to several forums & the 3 wood working ones are definitely the most civil of the bunch. Probably the worst is a certain RV forum.
    LOL I can only imagine.