Thread: Kudos to Kohler

Kudos to Kohler

Saw the Kudos to Lee Valley and reminded me to give Kudos to Kohler for their customer service. Purchased a Kohler kitchen faucet in 2011, last year it started to leak around the lever when shut off, contacted Kohler and they sent me a replacement cartridge which solved the problem until last week. It started to leak again. I called Kohler and explained what happened, the service rep looked up my previous warranty order (they use your phone number) and immediately said we will send you a complete new unit. No hesitation, so in about 2 1/2 weeks I should get the new unit. Can't complain about that service!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Saw the Kudos to Lee Valley and reminded me to give Kudos to Kohler for their customer service. Purchased a Kohler kitchen faucet in 2011, last year it started to leak around the lever when shut off, contacted Kohler and they sent me a replacement cartridge which solved the problem until last week. It started to leak again. I called Kohler and explained what happened, the service rep looked up my previous warranty order (they use your phone number) and immediately said we will send you a complete new unit. No hesitation, so in about 2 1/2 weeks I should get the new unit. Can't complain about that service!
    Good to know! I haven't had any trouble with Kohler fixtures but it's nice to know they stand behind the product. Our experience with Delta has been similar to yours.

My kudos story is for Grohe. We bought a Grohe kitchen faucet in 2004 that came with a lifetime warranty. I thought, well, that's the claim. What's the reality?
    Over the last 16 years we have had several things wear out, some cosmetically, a sticky button on the spray head, one that caused a water leak. Every time our experience has been the same: call Grohe, tell them the problem, perhaps do a test that they suggest, then 2-3 days later we get a package with exactly what's needed to make it new again even though the model we bought is no longer sold. Never have to return defective parts or feel like we have to convince them. This is even after the original company was bought by a larger company.

JKJ

I also had a similar experience with Weiser locks. Had one of their keypad locks fail, all they wanted was a picture to identify the model. Had to laff because the original was brass finish, I had spray painted it to look like brushed nickel. The replacement they sent me was brushed nickel which was more expensive than the brass one it replaced.

We have a Grohe faucet that has been nothing but trouble. I have to drive 30 miles to take it to a Grohe dealer for Grohe to do anything to it.

I also had a similar experience with Weiser locks. Had one of their keypad locks fail, all they wanted was a picture to identify the model. Had to laff because the original was brass finish, I had spray painted it to look like brushed nickel. The replacement they sent me was brushed nickel which was more expensive than the brass one it replaced.
    I had a similar experience with a Schlage keypad deadbolt. I've had seven of these in use in shop and house and all have worked flawlessly for years except one - after a few months it became intermittent. I called Schlage - they didn't want a receipt or a return, just the model and my address and they sent out another one at no charge.

BTW, I've had the best response if I called the company on the phone instead of contacting them by email or online. After a call yesterday, Ingersoll Rand is sending me a new pressure switch and pressure relief valve for my 5hp air compressor after I described the problem and asked for advice. Similar positive experiences with Comcast, Verizon, Dell, and others. FWIW, I don't know how much it helps but when I call a company if possible I ask for technical support instead of customer support (although with small companies it's often the same person.) And I always try to be positive and polite. A Dell service tech told me a lot of calls he takes are from grumpy, angry people.

JKJ

I'm a fan of Moen for their great service. They had replaced a couple of 20 year old items for me with no hassle. I just had a new master bath built and I used Moen for everything. I bought their high end models and am very pleased.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    I really like our Grohe kitchen faucet. the spray button went funny, so they replaced it with an improved design. That was about 10 Years ago & it still looks & works like brand new.

I bought a Price-Pfister (an unfortunate name) faucet for a bathroom & after 5 or 6 year, the finish on the drain started to flake off. Customer service had me send them a pic of the offending part & then promptly sent an entire new drain assembly.

I recently had a similar experience with an American Standard kitchen faucet in that the company sent me a new cartridge, no questions asked.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I had a similar experience with Kohler. I had a problem with the spray end of a kitchen faucet (maybe 15 hears old) so I contacted Kohler to get a replacement. The part was on back order for several months so the representative sent me a whole new faucet (free). I was amazed.

[It was not the same faucet - they had discontinued that model so he sent me one of the new models that was similar. That was fine with me - it has a few nice new features.]

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    We have a Grohe faucet that has been nothing but trouble. I have to drive 30 miles to take it to a Grohe dealer for Grohe to do anything to it.
    Did you try calling the 800 number? Seems your experience is not what I and others have had.

Did you try calling the 800 number? Seems your experience is not what I and others have had.
    Sure we did. Several times to get it straightened out.
    When it went bad, (leaking) I installed a Delta. Grohe replaced ours so I installed it. Same problem. Leaks around the base.
    The Delta will stay where it is until it dies. Then the Grohe will be tried again. $600 faucet has been nothing but trouble.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I have some Kohler items that are 45 years old and they still support them. Had a problem with my flush valve on the one toilet and they sent me parts to repair. A new valve for that unit would have cost me $450 dollars.

Kohler messed up with the Maxton line of faucets. They have low flow even with 75 psi.
    Then they get worse over time. No debris in mine, online discussions say plumbers say they are not repairable. I fixed mine today, the inner steam breaker just pulls out, there are two screens above this, remove the white one and leave the black one in. The top of the stream breaker has a cover that pulls off, take it off. Drill out 5 of the holes near the center of the stream breaker slightly larger. Insert with just that black screen on top. Gives about 4 times the flow but not too much. This is a bath faucet.
    Last edited by Bruce King; 11-18-2020 at 11:58 PM.