Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart FREE Unlimited Delivery $98 a year but its free (Sarcasm)

Walmart FREE Unlimited Delivery $98 a year but its free (Sarcasm)

More savings. More time. More joy in your day.

Get free unlimited delivery*, member prices on fuel, & more.

Only $12.95/month or $98/year
    'https://www.walmart.com/grocery/plus/address?veh=dsn&sourceid=dsn_ov_22d753d4-c563-4854-a909-8a0694db8d97&cn=FY21-WPL-1P-OPD_tp_sto_dsn_dis_ov_wpl&wmlspartner=dsn_ov_22d75 3d4-c563-4854-a909-8a0694db8d97"]Start 15-day free trial'
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 11-12-2020 at 10:41 PM. Reason: reoved direct link
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

What am I missing? Isn't this just a blatant ad for Walmart?

Blog Entries
    The down side is that to take advantage, you'd actually have to buy something from Walmart.

Not much different than Amazon Prime. Except for the gasoline discount, which is a perk I'd use. The issue with both is the lack of clarity about who is really selling the item. Makes a difference on warranty and customer service.

In either case trying to convince John Q. Public that he is getting 'free' stuff for a fee is just silly.

WalMart has ties to my town so I see them a lot differently than most. The family money has benefited us in several ways. Really nice performing arts center for one.

They are a retailer and behave just like all the rest. Low wages, minimal benefits etc are just a characteristic of the industry.

Blog Entries
    I believe Bert is pointing out the goofy-ness of offering something for free that you have to pay for. One of those technicalities that marketing loves so much. The shipping is free but, the membership to the free-shipping-club is $xx . Cable TV for $39.99 (plus another $40 of service fees, local tariffs, equipment charges etc.) and the like.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I believe Bert is pointing out the goofy-ness of offering something for free that you have to pay for. One of those technicalities that marketing loves so much. The shipping is free but, the membership to the free-shipping-club is $xx . Cable TV for $39.99 (plus another $40 of service fees, local tariffs, equipment charges etc.) and the like.
    I agree, I believe this was posted as satire. not as an add
    Ron

Agreed, I didn't get the sarcasm, my bad.
    Another example is the "get the second one free, just pay separate service and handling fee".

Yep. Goofy, misleading and - effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Yep. Goofy, misleading and - effective.

Effective to those that fall for the scam LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

BOGO, to heck with that, just give me the free one. If I have to buy one to get one free, then that means they are half priced when I buy two. With Amazon prime, it's simplest to have one person in your group, or family have membership. Let them do all the ordering, and have shipped to each member of group as requested.

I often see deals like 0.99 for one and only 1.99 for two shrink wrapped together in a bargain pack.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I often see deals like 0.99 for one and only 1.99 for two shrink wrapped together in a bargain pack.
    A co-worker recommended I buy something from Amazon. He also recommended buying a multipack to save money. I checked Amazon and a single tube was $3.99. The multipacks were as high as $8 a tube and none as cheap as just buying single tubes.

I knew this thread was sarcasm from just reading the original thread title before the sarcasm bit was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I knew this thread was sarcasm from just reading the original thread title before the sarcasm bit was added.
    OK, got it, this time I recognize the sarcasm.

I think a better term would be “Unlimited shipping?”