Thread: Woods Molder

Woods Molder

Longshot, but would anyone have experience with a Woods 134M molder, or have an opinion of them? I have the chance to get one for pretty much nothing, and I know nothing about them. I don't even know what I'd do with it, but it looks interesting. Do these have any practical purpose short of a sawmill environment?

I'm sure it's a good machine, just looked at one on you tube. One of the hardest things to learn is how to balance the
    knives. But if you use only matched pairs there is no problem. Lots of old moulder manuals out there. I would not buy
    it just to dress 4 sided stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    I'm sure it's a good machine, just looked at one on you tube. One of the hardest things to learn is how to balance the
    knives. But if you use only matched pairs there is no problem. Lots of old moulder manuals out there. I would not buy
    it just to dress 4 sided stock.
    Where did you find a manual Mel? I saw the youtube, but can't find a manual. Looked at OWWM, but I'm probably overlooking something obvious.

I think it's around 7000#, I'll probably pass, but I just hate letting old iron be turned to scrap.

I don't have a manual, just seen them in employments. If you don't find one for that specific machine ,one for that
    old type would work. One for a new moulder would not help IMO.

Lots of manuals on eBay. Even if you don't find one specific to your machine , you will find something that will work.
    Most of the manuals have machine pic on cover.