Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boss vs Thunder

1. ok. I'll tell him. he reads the hell out of books and the internet, but never posts anything.
    John

amp meters are cheap and pretty easy to install, lots of videos on how to do it.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    amp meters are cheap and pretty easy to install, lots of videos on how to do it.
    Ok - to answer one of the questions you had - the tube is 4' long for sure and it is marked as rated 100w.
    So - how do I tell him to make a dark engrave on a maple board or some such at a higher speed than 170mm/s?
    he'd be impressed that a glowforger figgerd it out... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by John Stegenga View Post
    Ok - to answer one of the questions you had - the tube is 4' long for sure and it is marked as rated 100w.
    So - how do I tell him to make a dark engrave on a maple board or some such at a higher speed than 170mm/s?
    he'd be impressed that a glowforger figgerd it out... LOL.

Like I said before bump up the power to about 75% speed to about 325 to 350 and take it out of focus. You should get a nice tan to brown color.IMG_20201212_114042744.jpg
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 12-12-2020 at 1:54 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

5. Freeking great day for a cigar this afternoon...
    Anyway thanks - we'll give that a try tomorrow. Can't see the picture, by the way but...

Quote Originally Posted by John Stegenga View Post
    Freeking great day for a cigar this afternoon...
    Anyway thanks - we'll give that a try tomorrow. Can't see the picture, by the way but...

You need to be a contributor to see the picture's , its only 6 bucks a year and I find for the knowledge and help I get here its the best bargain around.The pictures I posted are 2 engravings I did on my 60 watt laser at 75% pwr and 325 speed
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    ...I find for the knowledge and help I get here its the best bargain around.
    Me too, and I don't even own a laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mangas View Post
    Me too, and I don't even own a laser.

Congrates on becoming a contributor , now you can see the pictures I posted.OOps I thought you were the cigar smoker LOL the one I'm trying to help.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 12-13-2020 at 8:35 PM.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander