Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HF 20% Off Coupons?

HF 20% Off Coupons?

What happened? I used to get their 20% off coupons weekly in my email. Have they stopped doing that? It seemed a pretty good way of getting me in the store and I never leave with only what I went for.

A pandemic happened. I've just started getting coupon notices, both in emails and on my Facebook timeline. They recently had 10% off everything if I remember correctly, and the coupon for 20% off everything under $10.

Like with many vendors these days, coupons are delivered electronically now for the most part as you note but the 20% coupons are now rare, although there was one a few weeks ago. They are pushing folks to get their card for and "every purchase" discount and larger coupon discounts, too. That seems to have killed the frequent 20% bonus for mere mortals. Even without the coupons, I've been in their store more frequently...now that there's one a lot closer. Things change.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I joined their Club and haven't seen much in the way of discounts for things I want. In fact, I don't think I ever took advantage of any of their Club offers. I was using their 20% off coupons instead. Since I rarely see any 20% off coupons in my emails, I haven't been to the store in a while. Those things really pushed me over the edge on a lot of items I was just considering.

Blog Entries
    I don't spend enough at HF to pay me back for the membership in savings. I view Costco and Sam's the same way but, the savings do make sense there for our household. The coupon methods have changed along with their current remaking of themselves. Prices on some items are going up, levels of quality distinguished by models, Central-Fortress-McGraw and Chicago-Bauer-Hercules and the like. Like all retailers they are facing a changing landscape of their customer base. The only thing that stays the same is that things change ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

The 20% coupons of late had so many "good for except" limitations on them that there wasn't much you could use them on anyways.

I have not seen a free with any purchase coupon pretty much for the duration.
    Bill D

Ya. Guess I'll have to look for the coupons on an as-needed basis. Thanks.

They still offer the 20% off coupons in magazines. I had one in the American Rifleman last week along with a coupon for 24 free Chinese batteries with any purchase (AA or AAA). I picked up another one of those Central Electric keyless chuck angle drills and my free pack of Chinese batteries and was out the door for less than $30.

It seemed like over the years they had added some "not eligible" categories to the list of what the 20% could be applied to. It seems like I remember way back, you could stack coupons too. I would imagine that with the changes in our economy as it relates to importing, there might have been a bottom line impact, causing them to rethink or adjust their model.

http://www.hfqpdb.com

That's where I get the coupons I use. There's almost always a 20% available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I have not seen a free with any purchase coupon pretty much for the duration.
    Bill D
    I've used several those recently...there was a very nice little canvas tool bag I got two weeks ago when I bought my cordless blower. Nicer than I expected, actually.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Myles Moran View Post
    http://www.hfqpdb.com

That's where I get the coupons I use. There's almost always a 20% available.
    Thanks for that handy link, Myles. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have been able to use that coupon yesterday because of the brand restriction on Baur. Oh, well.
    --

I get them all the time, sometimes twice a day, in my Gmail account. They just go to my promotions folder. Not long ago they had a 15% off anything coupon good for a day or two. It was a pre Black Friday sale. So maybe they'll do it again. It was 20% off for Inside track Members.
    56660478.png
    Last edited by Alex Zeller; 11-10-2020 at 1:42 PM.