Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stickley #603 Tabouret.

Stickley #603 Tabouret.

I've been picking away at this one for a while now. Work and fall yard chores have been eating up most of my time. It's a reproduction of a Stickley #603 Tabouret in QSWO. This is my dry fit test and all is well. I'm planning on an ammonia fumed finish and will update the post when complete.

IMG_1025.jpg
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

These are sneaky - much more than 4 times difficulty to get all the mortices aligned.

Kudos

Looks good Rob!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

That looks great, Rob. Love the proportions. Look forward to the finished update!

I got it fumed over the weekend and will finish the glue up this week. I'll be going with a oil/shellac/wax finish. I've been a little under the weather with what I hope is a cold. I get tested today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    I got it fumed over the weekend and will finish the glue up this week. I'll be going with a oil/shellac/wax finish. I've been a little under the weather with what I hope is a cold. I get tested today.
    Fingers crossed.

John

Best wishes it’s just a cold Rob.

Looks great.hope all is well

Good news and bad news. I got the tabouret fumed and it looks real nice. I have one coat of Danish oil applied and it's a nice chocolate brown. I'm looking forward to laying on some Garnet shellac and warming the color up a bit. The bad news is my shellac is in need of replenishment and the health department called earlier today and advised me to stay quarantined for the next 10 days or so. I guess the oil will have plenty of time to cure well prior to the next finishing step. I introduced it to its future home too. It seems to be a good fit.

50618215517_a974606dbb_k.jpg

Nice job - love the color. And yes it looks very comfortable next to that nice Morris. Pls post a pic after the shellac - curious to see the change in coloring.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Will do. I expect it will add a warm red caste to the finish and have it a little closer match to the Morris chair.

what was your finish for the Morris?
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

If I recall it's Onondaga. I didn't build that. It's an actual Stickley Bow Arm Morris Chair.

Good news. I found a container of fresh flakes in my shop and mixed up a batch of shellac. The Covid really wore me down so progress has been slow, but I’ll rub out the final coat and get it waxed this weekend. Now that I can smell and taste properly I’ll regain my strength with a thanksgiving feast first.

All done. To quote Thomas Johnson, it looks pretty good.

IMG_0608.jpg

In situ

IMG_0607.jpg

The shrine to QSWO

IMG_0609.jpg