Thread: Multi use table saw fence

Multi use table saw fence

I built one of these based on Matt’s from his video at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3pBbKNrkixY
    You don’t really need the plans but go ahead, he only wants $5.

If anyone is interested I’ll post some tips on building one.
    These are heavy but very stable and useful.
    I already had all the materials except the dual sliding track at the top.
    Watch the video to see all the functions especially how to easily make taper cuts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for posting that, I have a couple of those jigs/methods as separates and individual tools, but I like that combination principle.

Very interesting Bruce. Thanks for posting. Have been thinking of building a tall attachment for my Incra fence.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

See Fine Woodworking, Jan/Feb. 2013, #231, p. 61 for plans and an article by Bob Van Dyke about building a similar fence.

I built one a few years ago and downside is that it is very heavy and cumbersome.

To remove mine due to very tight fit, I clamp the front Incra guide and lift it up then end up sliding it onto the outfeed table out of the normal work area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post
    See Fine Woodworking, Jan/Feb. 2013, #231, p. 61 for plans and an article by Bob Van Dyke about building a similar fence.
    I built one a few years ago and downside is that it is very heavy and cumbersome.
    Matt’s version was built around 2015, just after Bob’s with improvements by adding aluminum tracks and I think easier to build. Also no clamps needed to install it.