Thread: Lee Valley Seconds Sale...

Lee Valley Seconds Sale...

I just had to take a min to write a thank you to Lee Valley... Like many others, when I got the notice for the seconds sale, I spent an hour or so trying to get an order in for a RH shooting board plane... been wanting one for a while, but kept on putting it off, so when I saw it at such a great price, I decided to go ahead and order one... kept on getting errors, and misc problems on the site, but finally the order went through... I saw the email for the order come in my inbox, but didn't really look at it closely...

This morning, since it hasn't arrived yet, I thought to check the email and track it... then I saw on the email that it said No Longer Available, and that there was a $0 charge... I was a little disappointed, but oh well, such is life... So I went to their site and was going to order one, but thought I should make sure and called their customer service... The gentleman who answered listened to the story, and much to my surprise said that he was putting an order in and honoring the discounted price... it is backordered for a few days, but obviously I was fine with that... I did see that Rob posted earlier that they were going to work something out for those that were inconvenienced, but this goes above and beyond... I have to give a shout out and thanks to Rob and all at LV for the great customer service and making my day...

I know how hard it is to run a business, and deal with customer service... This (along with normally great customer service and outstanding products...) is another reason LV has a customer for life...

Since getting back into woodworking, I have been constantly surprised how great the customer service is from woodworking companies... from the small single-owner ones to the larger ones... I've had similar experiences (Lie-Nielsen replaced a handle on a dovetail saw that I dropped taking it out the box for the first time and broke the horn... not even a mention of a replacement cost, just send it back and we will fix it for you...) and it is so refreshing in these times to find companies like these that do the right thing (or even go beyond...)

Thanks again Rob... looking forward to getting the shooting plane, and more down the road...

JH

Like you, I'd have just paid the full price and not complained. But it doesnt surprise me that LV did something extra for you. Just another example of their approach to business.

You will LOVE that shooting plane. I have one.

Thanks for the story.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    I just picked this up today. Any special techniques for sharpening the PM-VII iron?

Jack.jpg

Do you suppose these are really seconds? Both this one & a 4-1/2 I got a few years ago appear to be flawless (& I don't use that word lightly).

Frank, sometimes "seconds" is subjective. There may be some tiny thing that LV/Veritas considers to be a "defect" that mere mortals like you and I wouldn't even notice. Whatever was "wrong" about that beautiful tool you bought may never be apparent. I don't know about these folks, but sometimes a "second" or "refurb" is merely an "open box" return situation with pristine product.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Rob is up to his tricks again, if the package says "Lee Valley", you can not go wronge.