Thread: Router lifts Jessem router lift 2 vs Kreg prs5000

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Jessem Rout-R-Lift-II has separate models for different router motor diameters. They are not interchangeable.

The Jessem Mast-R-Lift-II has adjustable blocks that securely hold a wide range of router motors.

The Incra Mast-R-Lift-II (made by Jessem) is different (besides color) only in that it has steel throat plates that are held in place by strong magnets, and do not require tools to remove/replace. The Jessem version has plastic inserts that require a special pin spanner wrench to remove/replace. The tool is included.

I have the Incra, and the manufacturing/design quality is excellent.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

I have 2 of the Jessem's, RRL2, or whatever they are for the Bosch 1617. My first one was concave, so I milled it flat and cut all the inserts to be flush while I was at it. And then I got another one on a close out at Woodcraft, and milled it to match the first so the inserts are interchangeable.

No locks on them, but I've never noticed them drift off a setting.

I like the magnet idea a lot, but not so keen on a steel plate around the bit.

The only issue I've had is the first one had the elevation screw seize up. Nice to have a spare ...

I replaced the screw with a piece of stainless all-thread I scrounged/pilfered. The nuts were buggered as well, and it took more than a tap to fix them. I think I had to run a drill thru as well to clean up what had been swaged out by the mangled screw. But it works fine now.