Thread: Jet Vacuum System

Jet Vacuum System

What procedures can I use to check the efficiency of my DC1200. It seems to be losing its vacuum.
    Thanks, Abbey Thomas

Blog Entries
    Gradual loss of suction indicates filter clogging. Do you have a bag, or a pleated filter? You can install a manometer that measures the pressure differential on both sides of the filter that will indicate how plugged the filter is.

time to clean the bags or filter probably will be a very dirty job
    good luck
    Ron

Blog Entries
    A single stage machine is going to clog the filter faster than a 2-stage. I'm not sure how often is normal. I overfilled my cyclone barrel once and had to remove and clean the filter. I used a brush head on a couple of wand attachments on my big shop fac and brushed/vacuumed the inside carefully. I laid the filter on its side on the bench and rotated it as I vacuumed. This meant less effort holding things up and hunching over. All in all not a bad job. Respirator required ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I overfilled my cyclone barrel once and had to remove and clean the filter. I used a brush head on a couple of wand attachments on my big shop fac and brushed/vacuumed the inside carefully. I laid the filter on its side on the bench and rotated it as I vacuumed. This meant less effort holding things up and hunching over. All in all not a bad job. Respirator required ;-)
    Only once? Apparently I'm a slow learner cause I've done it twice. Both times the filter was clogged & filled up so tight, I had to use a stick to gradually dislodge the packed in dust & chips. I bet it took well over half an hour to clean it out. All in all it was a horrible job

I'd take the filter off and check it. It's probably clogged. Since you have it off, clean it even if it doesn't look like it. The paddles? Meh.

I just took mine outside and beat it a bit, that got most out.. then vacuumed the pleats. A word of caution, if you live in a residential area your neighbors might complain.
    Last edited by mike stenson; 11-03-2020 at 8:23 PM.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Does that model have the Vortex cone? I added it to an older model Jet w/o the cone. The difference is night and day, and in my mind, performs as good as smaller HP cylcones. It's incredible how little dust gets to the filter.