Thread: Super Dust Deputy barrel

Super Dust Deputy barrel

BESIDES A METAL BARREL

what have you successfully used and recommend for the SDD? I was thinking fiberboard but not sure....around 20 to 30 gallon capacity. Sources too would be helpful. Thanks

I made mine to fit the space with 3/4 plywood top and bottom, softwood corner blocks and sides of underlayment plywood. It holds about 70 gallons. I think I need to make the top opening bigger to make dumping it easier but other than that I like it. I have castors on the bottom so I can unbolt the cyclone (it's on another 3/4 plywood piece with a gasket to the 3/4 plywood top of the dust box) and wheel it to my truck. It is fairly heavy when full but I only have to lift it when dumping it. My HF 2hp DC blower/motor are bolted to the wall up high with the cyclone under them and the box under that. So it uses only about an 18 inch square space in the corner of my shop.

+1 on plywood. You can make the debris box any size and shape you like. You can put wheels on it. You can put an acrylic window in it to see when you need to empty it.

I currently have one of these 30 gallon plastic drums, and it works well. I empty it into 42 gallon trash bags, as those can go completely over the bin, enabling me to just pick it up and tip it over when emptying. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DSIEL0

Previously I had one of these fiber drums, but 15 gallons was just way too small and would get filled up way too quickly, hence the move to the larger drum. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAMBXYK
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Thanks to those that responded.....I appreciate your insight and it gives me something to think about. :-)

PM'ed you - go to your local university chemistry department. They'll have barrels from shipments that they'll want to be rid of (they'll be clean).

Blog Entries
    I was able to get blue 30 gal plastic barrel with lid for $10 locally through Facebook marketplace. In my case, the seller works at a food manufacturer and the barrels previously held some sort of pepper. Made my shop faintly smell like a pizza shop for a couple days but the price was right and the barrel is a perfect fit for DC needs.
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

Thank you!

Thank you !