Thread: Lights, camera... (okay, no camera yet)...

Lights, camera... (okay, no camera yet)...

No power to the shop subpanel yet -- I'm two inspections away from that -- but I hung one row of lights yesterday (yes, I'm very slow -- might manage another row today, if my back holds out).

They're cheap Chinese LED strips, sold on Amazon under the brand name "Barrina." Very easy to hang from trusses with the included, super-cheesy sheet metal clips, but those are best considered directional alignment helpers. I'm relying on tie wraps to keep the lights from falling on my head.

Instructions are non-existent, but they're absolutely self-explanatory. I ran an extension cord to test... et voila!

One row of six T8-type lights, running the length of the shop four feet off the west wall, illuminates the entire space to a nearly acceptable work light level. With station task lighting, I could get away with this single row of lights. Four rows are planned.

This is going to be the best-lit work space I've ever owned.
    --Jack S. Llewyllson

Gratitude is a gift to yourself.

Purity tests are the bane of human existence.

Codeine takes the pain from every muscle but the heart.

I rolled the dice with those lights 2 yrs. ago , and I love them . Put em up and hopefully won't touch em for a long while . We will see . 12 fixtures in 3 rows of 4 , $240 on Amazon .

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Llewyllson View Post
    ....yes, I'm very slow -- might manage another row today, if my back holds out.
    Boy, do I know that feeling...
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher