Thread: Halloween Decorations

Halloween Decorations

I recently decided to add another decoration to my barn for Halloween. I found a picture of these skeletons somewhere on the Internet and thought they would add another dimension to my ghosts and the vampire we call Drac. Drac has a couple LED light strips inside the frame so he is pretty spooky at night.

Skeletons 2.jpg

Skeletons.jpg

I think next year I will add tombstones behind each one of the skeletons.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 10-31-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Those are awesome! What material? Did you cut them on the Stinger?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks Bruce,

Yes, I cut them on my Stinger out of 3/4" thick PVC. Drilled a quarter inch hole in the bottom and inserted a piece of rod long enough to stick in the ground so its fast to install and remove. I think you can make these out of any scrap material you have in your shop, I still have a truck load of the PVC drops that Norva Plastics gave me a few years ago.
    I think I will use the same material for the gravestones I make next year.

Soon I will be working on a Nativity scene for the barn loft window for Christmas. The same features as Drac so we can light it up for the holidays. Then start thinking about what to hang on the front of the barn and probably something to put in the yard out front as well. I make custom Christmas ornaments every year and most them could easily be enlarged to make the yard style decorations.

Those are the bomb... wish I'd seen that in time to make some

Wish I could take the credit for the design but I traced them from a picture I found on the Internet. I now have eight skeletons so I need to make eight tombstones for next year. I have so much work in my shop right now I don't know when i will be able to make the tombstones. The good news is that I have twelve months to get them done and figure out a way to light them up at night.