Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HVAC experts

What's the heat.exchanger? Condenser?

I have a minisplit in my separate shop in Austin. Just built a couple years ago so used spray-foam, etc. Its pretty tight. In the middle of the summer when its 105 outside and I'm running the dust collector and another tool the room will heat up to the upper 70's at most. Austin is drier than Houston on average but we have our days where its pretty much the same if the wind is from the Gulf.

One thing about the mini-splits that is really nice is they have a "dehumidify" setting where it will just run very low speed and keep the room cool and dry. It's not great in the peak of the summer but once it gets below 90 it's pretty awesome. Keeps the shop <70 degrees and low humidity and doesn't seem more than $15-20 at most on the electric bill.

I also just recently redid my house with two new systems and I highly recommend the variable speed system if you decide to go with a traditional system. For the times you aren't in the shop it will save you money.

Travis is a ground source heat pump-with radiant delivery. So liquid to Freon exchangers on both ends👍
    cheers
    Sean