Thread: Porta-band use

Porta-band use

I have had a Milwaukee Deep Cut Portaband for years, but it has seen little use given other methods of cutting metal available to me. I recently came across this plate which allowed me to mount the PB vertically and in the last couple months have gone to the PB more than in the last 10 yrs. Pretty slick!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. I got one of the Swag Portaband tables for my Bauer. I used the setup to cut parts for a lathe steady rest, posted recently. That little setup allowed me to fabricate gussets and other parts that using a portaband by hand would not have allowed to be done safely. Mounting verticle really is a plus!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frederick View Post
    I have had a Milwaukee Deep Cut Portaband for years, but it has seen little use given other methods of cutting metal available to me. I recently came across this plate which allowed me to mount the PB vertically and in the last couple months have gone to the PB more than in the last 10 yrs. Pretty slick!
    Is yours variable speed like mine? Is there a way to lock the trigger to a desired speed to use the table?

I have a table for my big horizontal metal-cutting bandsaw which tilts to vertical for use. Never thought of putting one on the portaband.

This may interest some of you with portabands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6mIDd3uFvo

Making a table for the portaband

Wow, I like the way that guy works! I have steel, mill, vise, and portaband. Just need the time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6mIDd3uFvo