Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lee Valley seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Luke View Post
    May have spoken too soon; just received a message to the effect that the order didn't go through after all. Poop!
    Your order looks good Chris....I can see it.

Looks like the taps are on again.

We’ll be discussing what we do for all those we’ve inconvenienced later today.....what a mess.

I got to the very end, review order, press enter and ......... drum roll.........

Sorry, we are currently experiencing issues with our website.

• Unfortunately we are unable to process your order at this time. Please try again later.

Will, I get the same error message at reviewing the order. Never mind, it just went through. Or not the confirmation email says quantity 0. So IDK
    Last edited by Jason D Snyder; 10-28-2020 at 2:56 PM.

Jason...forward me your email, and I’ll check.... rlee@leevalley.com

Successed! Thanks Rob, I really do know what a mess this can be to fix (my product generally ends up on the news when it breaks). I do appreciate the efforts
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by Will Blick View Post
    I got to the very end, review order, press enter and ......... drum roll.........

Sorry, we are currently experiencing issues with our website.

• Unfortunately we are unable to process your order at this time. Please try again later.
    Will,

If your order doesn’t or didn’t go through, shoot me an email with what you we after, and I’ll see what I can do.... (same goes for anyone in this thread....)

Cheers ( though not cheerful at the moment )

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    Successed! Thanks Rob, I really do know what a mess this can be to fix (my product generally ends up on the news when it breaks). I do appreciate the efforts
    Well....we have one red-faced business partner......

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Jason...forward me your email, and I’ll check.... rlee@leevalley.com
    Forwarded you the email. Thanks for checking on it for me. You go so far above an beyond "normal" it is amazing!

HAHAH well, now I'm having the same issue as Jason, the order email says it's gone.. and my order status is shipped qty 0

No longer available. Qty 0

No transaction processed at my bank. So that's all good
    Last edited by mike stenson; 10-28-2020 at 3:28 PM.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Your order looks good Chris....I can see it.
    Thanks for confirming! I did re-visit the confirm page a few times (though not too quickly, trying not to be part of the problem!) and it eventually completed. These events always tax systems in unexpected ways.
    Now things are calmer, I just snuck in another order of more trivial items. I have a friend who collects things like those trick nuts!

Sold out now -- Dovetail saw still available!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Blick View Post

Well, I'm sure I was part of the problem. It took that page 45 secs to load, 15 secs to read, that's later right? So I click it again.

With patience my (small) order went thru, as the servers unwound. (Sad to say, these sales are becoming less and less interesting as I seem to have accumulated most of the tools in years past. Both seconds and firsts.)

Anyway, I recall a lot of recent angst from beginning dovetailers about saws. The standard Veritas dovetail saw is still available and at $64 you really can't go wrong. Get it, learn, and then decide if you want to spring on an upgrade.

ETA: Sold out now!
    Last edited by David Bassett; 10-28-2020 at 6:30 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    Anyway, I recall a lot of recent angst from beginning dovetailers about saws. The standard Veritas dovetail saw is still available and at $64 you really can't go wrong. Get it, learn, and then decide if you want to spring on an upgrade.
    That is precisely my motivation in this sale.

I had the same problem - the site opened 20 seconds early, I selected my item, did all the inputs and within the first 90 seconds after going to checkout I got the address thing; changed to ship to store; then it couldn't complete due to web issues.
    Managed to refresh 3 times, finally went through.
    By the time I finished my transaction and went back, all the small planes were gone. I didn't need any so Shrug.
    Agree, it's a problem for us, but imagine what Rob's going through.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

I missed out as well despite being logged on at the start. Oh well. I’ll get a shiny perfect one later on. I’m sure it was pretty frustrating for everyone on the lines at LV and don’t hold it against them. Stuff happens...