Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lee Valley seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Barnett View Post
    I was on at 12 noon sharp. Thought I had the BU jointer nailed, till I went back later to buy something else and found it was still in the cart - shipping issue!

By the time I got another one in the cart, it was sold out.

However, I did (after 2 hours 20+ minutes), manage to snag a miter plane. Was hoping for that as they are no longer produced. Mind you, I had to refresh the cart about 25 times before I finally got confirmation. Whew.

As others said, I was hoping not to have to stay up till midnight on Cyber Monday lol.
    The miter plane is no longer offered? Rob, tell me this isn't true!
    Rob, thank you for the excellent support you provide to us! At least in my case it was my fault alone that I missed the sale: I was out on a jobsite!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    Every year by the time I see anyone posting about these sales, everything that I want is gone.

Can I ask a question though?

Does LV every put anything "NEW" on sale like other stores? It seems the "sales" are more of clearance of second hand/refurbished items (Yes I know they are still in great condition.)

I know they have free shipping every now and then. But do they ever have real sales on brand new items like say Woodcraft, Lowes, Homedepot, etc.?

Maybe they do, but I never seem to visit when they do.

Thanks. Rob
    Rob D, if you sign up for the email notifications you'll everything that goes on sale. Many times when they release something new it'll be offered at a lower cost for a limited timeframe. Most recently I purchased the router plane box when it was first offered. It was something like $10 off, about a 20% savings!

Word of caution though: once you start seeing the notices it's hard to resist a purchase!

I ordered a shooting plane a month ago(backordered) and i couldnt find any confirmation on it but knew i had placed order because i bought a bunch of clearence hardware and i have that. So i spent the hour trying to get them on the phone to confirm i had ordered. If not i would have tried for the second. I emailed and got a response a couple hours later that it is in the mail.

Was anyone successful?

Im excited, now for a shooting board

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    I have to ask- what is this 'New Veritas' that has been mentioned? I must have fallen out of the loop somehow.
    When I read that I wondered the same.

Anyone? Anyone?

Blog Entries
    I got myself a low angle jack, but it took a couple of hours to get the order through. I've been wanting one for a long time.

I paid for it with my gift card that I got for 15% off last year, so there was a savings of almost 33%

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post
    Rob D, if you sign up for the email notifications you'll everything that goes on sale. Many times when they release something new it'll be offered at a lower cost for a limited timeframe. Most recently I purchased the router plane box when it was first offered. It was something like $10 off, about a 20% savings!

Word of caution though: once you start seeing the notices it's hard to resist a purchase!
    I not sure the SWMBO would like it if I signed up for email notifications that came in too often. Seeing the WC monthly ad come in the mail gets hers eyes rolling..
    I already spend more than I should. I need to be selective to stay under the radar...(hand planes at the moment..)

Missing from this year's sale event were the discounted gift cards, which I would have bought (the $1000 one) and use later on. I think that LV missed the boat on that one by not offering the GCs but I'm sure that they had a good reason, probably financially.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Hi Guys,

What a nightmare. Of course, our staff are trying to handle it....but the issue is always in someone else’s code.
    I can only imagine the struggles with outsourced I.T. at this point in time. The levels of quality I see in application products and support are disheartening. Hang in there, focus on tying service levels to software product contracts and don't pay when they don't deliver.

Just as with tool and hardware suppliers, make them earn their money. I talk with my wallet to those that provide great service and remain "quiet" with those that don't. That's why Rob gets so much of my money .

I was close. I finally fought through it by sheer repetition but, then the system didn't want to ship a RH edge plane to California!?!
    IMG-1906.jpg
    Sorry things didn't go well. I guess there's a price to be paid for being popular . . . massive response to sales ;-) Shake it off, we're still with ya Rob and there's always next time.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 10-29-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Betker View Post
    Yup, same thing happening here. I had wanted to purchase a PM-V11 chisel to see how it compares to my Blue Spruce and Ashley Iles. Oh well, maybe next year.
    Bob, if you plan on driving through Columbus Ohio, bring along your chisels and you can compare them to my PM-V11 chisels.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nguyen View Post
    Missing from this year's sale event were the discounted gift cards, which I would have bought (the $1000 one) and use later on. I think that LV missed the boat on that one by not offering the GCs but I'm sure that they had a good reason, probably financially.
    I do believe the gift card discount happens on black Friday, not at the seconds event.

Thanks Dave...I was after the large one but it was sold out. These are my first veritas planes and can’t wait to try them out.

Rob, thx for the kind offer... this is why I love supporting your business. Nice to see an owner who REALLY CARES about their customers like you do. Most of us realize, we are not guaranteed anything on these special limited sales. We are grateful that you even do them once a year.

I cant imagine the stress u went through after lightening struck twice, considering all the safeguards you probably worked so hard to implement! Nuttin every easy, huh Anyway, 5 hrs after the start, I went back on and grabbed a few items. Good enuff.

Like others mentioned, its getting hard for me to find planes I don't already own of yours!
    Make some new planes pls... hee hee JJ....
    thx again for all your support of the ww community.