26 Oct 2020

Greetings,
I got some time in the shop this past week. A local bakery wanted 20 small cutting boards and I also started working on a pair of dining table benches for a previous customer of mine. I also started moving some firewood from my wood pile to my front porch. During this wood move, I discovered a Yellow Jacket nest in my wood pile by getting stung and chased off by them. 1st sting was on Monday by a single sting. Then I got stung 5 more times on Wednesday while trying to find the nest. I suffered a facial injury from falling while running from them and hitting my right arm and face on the trailer that the wood was being loaded into. I finally recovered from the pain and swelling enough by yesterday that I got out there and burned much of the wood pile. I only have a small bit of wood to cleanup and burn to have it all cleaned up back there. I found 4 different nests in the center wood stack. Busted nose, upper lip, and a swollen and stiff right arm. I'm finally feeling better and starting a good recovery. It's another week of oncall duty at the day job and I'm hoping and praying for a good quiet/easy week at the day job.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.