Thread: Good video on drawer making

Good video on drawer making

Hi all,

Came across this video, which is chock full of good tips and tricks, though the pace and production are from a time gone by. Feels a bit like time travel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upRMoJl-gRM&t=4357s

Surprisingly I hadn't seen or heard of the chap before, though I would guess Derek knows him?

Best,
    Chris
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Scott Horsburgh is a West Australian furniture maker - lives about 3 hours south of Perth. He trained with David Charlesworth (in the UK), and what you get in the video is what David teaches.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Good share thank you Charles.

When I was watching this I was thinking he reminded me of david charlesworth.

The patience and attention to detail is easy in theory, hard in practice for me.

Thanks Derek, I didn't realize he'd trained with Charlesworth. Definitely seems to follow the same style and aim for exactness.

Michael, well put. A long while ago I realized I did better work when I focused on the process and not the product (and especially the timeline). AND I find timelines intrude and patience thins. I'm enjoying the videos as guides for slowing down on the projects that can afford to wait to be finished (a wait of literally years in the case of two projects).
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra