Thread: What Model is my DeWalt RAS?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What Model is my DeWalt RAS?

I've owned a DeWalt RAS for many years. I bought it about 15 years ago, already well used and the guy I bought it from did not have a manual for it. The original metal tag attached to the front of the base says it is a Model 7779, Type 1, Serial Number 82250946

When I search for a DeWalt 7779 manual online manualslib.com, it gives me the Model 7730 manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/68...?page=2#manual, which apparently includes the Model 7779 (model 7779 specs are included on page 2). According to this model 7730 manual, the Model 7779 has a 2.25 HP motor, but my machine is factory labeled 3 HP on the motor.

Someone who owned it before me hand-wrote "Model 7790" with a Sharpie along the side of the radial arm. But when I look at the Model 7790 manual, my machine is definitely not a model 7790. The Elevating Handle/Crank on my machine is near the front of the Radial Arm, as pictured in the Model 7730 Manual. The elevating handle on the Model 7790 is all the way at the back end of the Radial Arm, directly above the column that actually elevates the arm. There are also two locking levers at the back end of the Radial Arm on the Model 7790 I don't have on my machine. And the Bevel Clamp handle on my machine's yoke assembly looks very different than the one pictured in the explosion diagram I found in the manualslib.com 7730 manual.

So, I'm confused about what model and type I actually own. It is definitely a 10" RAS. It appears to be a variant in the Model 7770 series. But it has a 3 HP motor. If I contact Black & Decker, do you know if they can decode Model and Type from the machine's serial number? I'd appreciate any help I can get from this forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kevin B Smith; 10-25-2020 at 9:50 AM. Reason: add tags