Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: USPS Follies

USPS Follies

I'm normally a big fan of USPS, but? Had an Ebay purchase placed in mail in Wake Forrest Tuesday afternoon, and forwarded to Raleigh distribution center before 3:00 PM Tuesday. Our PO is served by Raleigh distribution center. Package finally leaves Raleigh distribution center EARLY Thursday AM, but doesn't show up to Apex PO till this morning. Means it's been riding around in the back of a truck for two days, after resting in distribution center for two days. Delivery was scheduled for today. Going into Ebay, first delivery date shows delivered 4:09 PM PDT. Only problem is we don't use Pacific Daylight Time here, plus I check and picked up mail ( three items) BEFORE 4:09 PDT. After opening tracking history, it shows left in, or near mail box at 1:27 EDT. No package at, or in box, or in neighbor's boxes either. Trying to contact Ebay is royal pain in the backside. After several attempts, I get a satisfaction survey from Ebay. I give them a ONE star, as they wouldn't let you give less than one and continue. Asked what I thought about their handling of my problem, and I stated "Your process is about as useful as teats on a boar hog! Totally useless!" Oh yeah, it's only 38 miles from Wake Forrest to our house. If package does show up Monday (I'm not hopeful) it will have taken a week to travel 38 miles, which in my younger days, I could have walked in a day. Average speed five miles per day. Trains move freight faster than that!

Bruce, I was shipped a package on the 7th... across town. It's gone to LA, DC, North Carolina, and Phoenix. So far, it's sat in Phoenix (I am outside Tucson, so it's 3-4 hours away) for over a week. I went and bought the same thing today. So much for a 'logistics expert'.

I guess I'll have two.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Stuff happens. I had a similar situation where I had something shipped to me from 36 miles away. It went to my town, then the next biggest city, then portland then back to Eugene and then back to Springfield. Its annoying but wasn't a critical item I needed.

I have been let down many times more by UPS and FedEx. Recently we had multiple next day air packages not arrive for 8-11 days. Some big clients of ours were not very happy and likely we lost business over it. But I have done much more shipping with UPS then USPS, so maybe that skews the results.

Honestly usps normally delivers quicker then I'm expecting.

You're correct, however it's becoming more common of an issue (I ship USPS pretty regularly). Things ending up in the wrong spot used to happen.. but it was typically pretty quickly corrected. These days I've had a lot of things sit somewhere for a week, or longer, before being moved on. The other thing that is irritating, is that now we have our mail sent through LA, we're talking intra Tucson mail. It's not just a one-off.. it's been several, and it started about two months ago.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

How is it Ebay's fault that the USPS is slow delivering a package? Ebay is simply using tracking information they are receiving from the USPS. The PDT seems to simply be a programming error on Ebay's part as it shows up for me too. I never would have noticed had you not mentioned it. The time is in really my local time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    How is it Ebay's fault that the USPS is slow delivering a package? Ebay is simply using tracking information they are receiving from the USPS. The PDT seems to simply be a programing error on Ebay's part as it shows up for me too. I never would have noticed had you not mentioned it. The time is in really my local time zone.
    It's not Ebays fault, I tried to contact them for help solving problem. Remember PayPal offers a promise - Get what you paid for. I still have two items, one from almost a year ago, that haven't been solved yet, only broken promises.

Found my package today. Next block down at house with same last three numbers in address. They have a sign inside their box reminding carriers that they are 11512, not 12512, along with their name. Due to time package was marked as delivered, most likely a substitute carrier brought it. On Saturdays, our regular carrier reverses route, so mail doesn't come till around five PM. Unfortunately, I need item YESTERDAY to fix mower and cut grass before the rains set in. Still four days to come 38 miles, first class.

Yikes I was going to start another thread on Mail woe's as I've started a couple , but I'll just roll into this one, Right now I have 3 packaged , 2 usps 1 ups that are way late . It must be a Phoenix problem as 2 of them are bouncing back and forth between Phoenix and Tucson. Why do they send them south to Tucson when they should be going north. 2 weeks ago UPS said they delivered a package which they did not. Contacting them is like pulling teeth and when you do connect they say it was delivered They told me to contact the company that shipped the package. I asked why they sent it you lost it grrrrrrrrrr. So UPS contacts the place were I bought this item They contact me and asked what happened . I told them that ups never delivered the package and I could prove it. They said they would look into it. 3 days later 2 packages show up on my porch. I contacted the company and told them I got 2 they said they sent me a replacement for the one UPS lost no charge. I sail ok I'll send one back they said don't worry bout it just keep it. LIKE WOW this company has my business for ever .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I have a package I am waiting for. It was shipped on the 14th in Maine and I live in NH. No tracking info until last Thursday. Said it would be delivered today but no show. Now it says it is late with no arrival day. I could have walked to Maine and back by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Camire View Post
    I have a package I am waiting for. It was shipped on the 14th in Maine and I live in NH. No tracking info until last Thursday. Said it would be delivered today but no show. Now it says it is late with no arrival day. I could have walked to Maine and back by now.
    Did the the USPS actually get the package on the 14th, or the label just get created on the 14th? I have many times seen the label generated one day, but the shipper doesn't take the package to the Post Office for several days.

I never create the lable till the evening before or the day I ship.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    We had NO mail today. I know there are some bills due. I wil go to the post office tomorrow and ask for our mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    Did the the USPS actually get the package on the 14th, or the label just get created on the 14th? I have many times seen the label generated one day, but the shipper doesn't take the package to the Post Office for several days.

USPS did get the package on the 14th. Seller said they "lost" other packages shipped that day too.

Good news though as my package arrived today...Yippie only 13 days.

Hip Hip hooray efficiency at its best , once again the PO comes thru LOL only 14 days to get it from WI to AZ, lets hope the carrier doesn't lose it in her car LOL
    Wednesday, Oct 28, 2020 7:10 AM BLACK CANYON CITY , AZ OUT FOR DELIVERY
    Wednesday, Oct 28, 2020 5:02 AM BLACK CANYON CITY , AZ ARRIVAL AT UNIT
    Tuesday, Oct 27, 2020 11:15 AM PHOENIX , AZ PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    Friday, Oct 16, 2020 2:35 AM DES MOINES , IA PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    Thursday, Oct 15, 2020 3:39 PM CHIPPEWA FALLS , WI DEPART POST OFFICE
    Thursday, Oct 15, 2020 2:47 PM CHIPPEWA FALLS , WI USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

A lot of "ground" services are actually having to travel by "ground" these days because so many commercial airline flights have been curtailed. A lbig chunk of "regular mail" and packages travels in the holds of passenger flights along with the passengers' baggage. I wonder if that leg between Des Moines and Phoenix was in the back of a truck...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...