Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USPS Follies

even if it was it shouldn't take any more then 3 or 4 days not 10 or 11 days
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

More post office mystery.
    2 things sand out here in a small community just south of Tucson.

1. All my incoming mail takes 2-4 days longer than the next town down. Sometimes even more.
    I had home mail and a PO box in one town and a business less than 2 miles down the road in the next town.
    It was very consistent that any mail coming to the town I live in would take 2 - 4 days longer than mail to the business.

2. It always cost more to mail from the PO in the town I live in.
    I could calculate the price online...go the local post office, and it was always higher...and do not ask why or you will really get it.
    If it was more than a dollar or two and I had the time, I would drive the few miles to the next post office and it always matched the online price.

As a side note, if I leave anything out-going in my home mailbox and put up the red flag, it might get picked up, If it is anything other than a letter it might be returned to sender the next day,
    they never will say why, just the way it is.
    If you order any stamps or shipping boxes, or anything from the PO, they will not deliver, you have to get all of that in person.

Just a few days ago, I had a vendor return that I need tracking on and the vendor was paying and wanted USPS.
    This time the clerk just said they would not take the package, period, and sent me away....did not like the vendors supplied address label.
    Took it to the other PO and the clerk not only took the package, used that companies products as well, and said they are starting to see more returns for that company because the return policy is so good.
    Nothing wrong with the label.

Is your home town PO a real PO or a sub contracted office if a real PO then sounds like some fraud going on in your home town PO I would write a letter to the PO Gen.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Hip Hip hooray efficiency at its best , once again the PO comes thru LOL only 14 days to get it from WI to AZ, lets hope the carrier doesn't lose it in her car LOL
    Wednesday, Oct 28, 2020 7:10 AM BLACK CANYON CITY , AZ OUT FOR DELIVERY
    Wednesday, Oct 28, 2020 5:02 AM BLACK CANYON CITY , AZ ARRIVAL AT UNIT
    Tuesday, Oct 27, 2020 11:15 AM PHOENIX , AZ PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    Friday, Oct 16, 2020 2:35 AM DES MOINES , IA PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    Thursday, Oct 15, 2020 3:39 PM CHIPPEWA FALLS , WI DEPART POST OFFICE
    Thursday, Oct 15, 2020 2:47 PM CHIPPEWA FALLS , WI USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
    At least your package didn't get a trip through Puerto Rico. My guess is my package didn't get to PR in the back of a truck.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Is your home town PO a real PO or a sub contracted office if a real PO then sounds like some fraud going on in your home town PO I would write a letter to the PO Gen.
    Both are real post offices.
    I did that once...no answers
    I have also inquired at the PO that is doing it right. again, no help.
    nuff said

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Brinkmeyer View Post
    nuff said
    With the current state of the USPS you may have to contact the Inspector General of the Post Office to get results.

Then again it may just condemn all the current workers at the local PO to life in prison if there is fraud leaving no one to operate the local PO.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Considering all the crap the USPS in general and the employees in particular have been forced to endure in the past few months, I got no complaints. I send & receive stuff almost every day, haven't had any out of the ordinary issues. I have one or two head-scratchers per year maybe, this year my only issue has been one shipment from FedEx (that came all the way from China and got lost in a sorting facility 5 miles away)...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

As a side note, if I leave anything out-going in my home mailbox and put up the red flag, it might get picked up, If it is anything other than a letter it might be returned to sender the next day,
    they never will say why, just the way it is.
    I have read that carriers are not actually required to pick up mail from customer mailboxes. I haven't researched further to see if any truth to that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I have read that carriers are not actually required to pick up mail from customer mailboxes. I haven't researched further to see if any truth to that.
    Let us know if you find any imformation on this issue. Being retired, as many folks in my area are, many of us do not go into town more than once or twice a week.

jtk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    A lot of "ground" services are actually having to travel by "ground" these days because so many commercial airline flights have been curtailed. A lbig chunk of "regular mail" and packages travels in the holds of passenger flights along with the passengers' baggage. I wonder if that leg between Des Moines and Phoenix was in the back of a truck...

Since 9-11, very few packages are on domestic flights. Instead, USPS contractors including DHL, FedEx, and UPS, along with USPS planes are hauling packages. Yesterday, I looked at some welding cable on Ebay. Seller is in California, cable costs less than $50, and weighs about 30#. They offered free shipping and three day delivery. I don't see how they can ship a 30# package across the country for $50, much less free. Yes cable will fit into a flat rate box from USPS.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 10-28-2020 at 8:46 PM.

I won't comment on the particulars of these issues, but my neighbor is a USPS carrier and he said with Covid his number of packages has increased in a big way. Letters are down for him, but packages are way up. I've been ordering a lot of stuff online for my cottage renovation from many sources and it seems like there is lot of mistakes, but I think it is to be expected.

Was googling around looking for a replacement battery pack for my Airshield and happened upon this site which offers this message about USPS shipping.

https://woodworldtx.com/pages/usps-shipping-warning
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Nuff said! Then what happens to you is your own fault, if your not willing to pursue it and find out whats really going on then you can't complain.
    nuff said
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Nuff said! Then what happens to you is your own fault, if your not willing to pursue it and find out whats really going on then you can't complain.
    No, it means if I go any farther it will have to break the rules here.
    And I will not take it up here

Blog Entries
    I went to the post office and got our mail. All of the trucks were empty and not making deliveries.