I know there a musical instrument forum but I want some feedback from you hand tool guys. I got myself into some trouble on the back of this guitar. I should have glued in the back strip as a 3 piece assembly but I didn't so I needed to create a long dado on the back after it was glued to the body. I know, that's 2 mistakes. If you follow me you'll know I'm terrible at following steps. Anyway, after taking a break from it and doing some thinking, I need to fix the large uneven dado I made to clean up the edges for my inlay/long flat stick of something. Rosewood is so hard and chips really easy which is why I need to widen it again. It's already an inch+. If I go much wider I may as well make a new back and I don't want to do that. Moving forward is what needs to happen.

I have a wooden rebate plane coming in the mail from ebay and I'm thinking that may be the best way to do this. I never want my router near this again. I don't think I have any good pictures but I'll take a look. This shows the back without the center strip. I should have left it but I was confident in my ability to add it after the fact so I wasn't worried. Then I picked up THE ROUTER.

Back installed_600x800.jpg