Thread: Here's a Source For 6" Plastic ASTM-2729 Pipe and Fittings

Here's a Source For 6" Plastic ASTM-2729 Pipe and Fittings

Years ago, when I installed my ClearVue 1800 I used 6" Sewer and Drain piping (ASTM-2729). I purchased from Ferguson Waterworks, a national supplier. They had the piping (10'). elbows, wyes, connectors, caps, etc. I am just a hobbyist and they gave me excellent pricing and free delivery. There have been several requests from members recently for sources, but I couldn't remember where I bought from.

https://www.ferguson.com/product/6-i...29u/_/R-129389

Thanks Paul . Sewer / Drain is really hard since Covid - 19 , seems nobody has anything . I'm ducting a new DC and have ordered from 4 different suppliers . Believe it or not , Home Depot was one , with free shipping to my home w/ $45 spent . Got my pipe from the local hardware store . Got to search around .

Blog Entries
    For James and others I will just add that I picked up a half a dozen 10' sticks of 6" ASTM-2729 from Ace Hardware of all places. Ordered online, shipped to my local store for free.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Glenn,

Interesting. Couple of years ago I also went to an Ace store in Connecticut for a 10' length of 6" and all they had was 4". They agreed to take an order for the 6" but never fulfilled it. I am glad that you were successful.

I went through this recently as I just upgraded my dust collector and went with 6” S&D PVC everywhere. No Waterworks local to me and they wouldn’t ship it to the local regular Ferguson store.

I ended up finding it at the largest local farm supply store that carries a lot of drainage supply type materials. $25 for 10’ and fittings were pretty reasonable (wyes, 45, 22.5)
    Still waters run deep.

The ferguson in town is wholesale only and will not sell to anyone with out a contractors license.
    Bil lD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wunder View Post
    Glenn,

Interesting. Couple of years ago I also went to an Ace store in Connecticut for a 10' length of 6" and all they had was 4". They agreed to take an order for the 6" but never fulfilled it. I am glad that you were successful.
    The trick seems to be to ignore the store staff completely. Just make the purchase online and use your local store as your own personal dropbox.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I did the same as Glenn last year. I must have called every place that could possibly sell pvc pipe within a 60 mile radius and nobody had 2729. I found that Ace was a supplier for one of the companies that makes 2729, called Ace and they ordered me up however many 10’ stocks I wanted. Good price too.

I ordered it on the phone with one of the local Ace staff, they were helpful. Guess it varies store to store.

I found mine at the local irrigation warehouse...many many years ago.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I also just did my shop with 6" 2729 and would up getting the pipe from Fleet Farm (a regional farm supply place) for $17 apiece. Stocking is very variable on this stuff! Last month when I did this project Ace Hardware was offering 10' lengths for $22 apiece with free delivery.. not bad. But as of now I can't find that product on their website. Also, Fleet Farm's availability was sort of a checkerboard with their area stores, it came and went from stocking over the few months I was planning the project.

Wyes came from Menards while 45s were from Amazon. Gates/splitters from Clearvue...
    Last edited by David M Peters; 10-27-2020 at 11:42 AM. Reason: link

In the Midwest, Menards carries pipe and fittings. A 10 ft length of 6" is just over $ 15.

Places that supply cement already mixed generally sell other related products such as S & D pipe. I bought 6" x 10 footers 5 years ago for less than $10 each. But since these pipes fit into one another on one end they usually don't carry many fittings.