Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cleaning windshields

Does any of this stuff actually remove the film of plasticizer that forms on the inside of car windows in the heat? I've tried many of these approaches and dozens of products and it seems that most of them at best allow you to smear the schmutz around, not actually get it off. The talc idea seems interesting if it actually provides a better surface for the molecules that make up the film to bind to. It seems they love glass.

It seems to me to take about a decade before I can get car windows clean; it takes that long for the off-gassing of all the plastic to slow down to the point where regular cleaning can actually get ahead of it.

NAPA has aerosol cans of windshield cleaner, blue Mac can. Have real good luck with that
    Ron

A Truck driving friend once told me that he uses coffee
    I've tried it, and it work pretty good. Just hate to give it up, especially in the morning, or diving late at night.

I clay bar my windows when detailing the cars. It works to remove hard water spots and other grime just like it does on paint. Autogeek is a pretty popular store selling car detailing tools and chemicals but they have a great discussion forum as well. I am not sure if a link to another forum is allowed so just google autogeek forum and you will find it. A ton of great car detailing geeks there ��